Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Here's progress !! Yahoo!! :DNot bad for 8 days. I'm about 10 rows beyond this picture now.

:(

Are we allowed to be in more than one CAL for the same project???

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a picture of my completed Very Victorian Afghan. The pattern called for a ribbon but I really didn't like the way it looked once I had added it ..... so I took it out. This will be a gift to a friend who will be giving birth to her first baby in June. Wow! I'm way ahead on this one! :clap

veryvictoriansmall.jpg

Here is a picture of my completed Very Victorian Afghan. The pattern called for a ribbon but I really didn't like the way it looked once I had added it ..... so I took it out. This will be a gift to a friend who will be giving birth to her first baby in June. Wow! I'm way ahead on this one! :clap

veryvictoriansmall.jpg

I LOVE IT!! So beautiful, what a wonderful baby gift!

veryvictoriansmall.jpg

What a beautiful baby blanket:manyheart you did an awesome job on it !

where did you find the pattern? i am having to make five baby blankets by june here:eek

barb how do we add what we are working on? or do we only tell you when we are done?

:hug

Here's progress !! Yahoo!! :DNot bad for 8 days. I'm about 10 rows beyond this picture now.

:(

Are we allowed to be in more than one CAL for the same project???

very pretty!! what is the color of the red you are using? I like that! I might have to do one like this:)

Originally Posted by Kim88 viewpost.gif

Barbara Jean, I've completed my "Vanna's Crocheted Squares Afghan"

I was just looking at this pattern yesterday and contemplating what colors I would use to make it - I really like it - thanks for the info about the yarn. Do you have a pic?

Originally Posted by BarbaraJean viewpost.gif

Here is a picture of my completed Very Victorian Afghan.

Oh that is sooooo pretty. :manyheart . I like it the way it is, without a ribbon. Great job !

Originally Posted by nss viewpost.gif

Not bad indeed!! In fact - very good - that is a lot of progress in a week - looks great so far!

Is it to late to join this one. I am starting the Stained Glass Window that was featured in the Crochet Today mag (NOv/Dec 2007 issue.) I am using a verigated neutral colors and a dark brown border.

I've started a 3-strand scrapghan in pastels for my 4YO DD. She keeps crawling into my bed at night complaining "she's cold" (freezycat, I guess). Last night I wound up on the couch b/c she kept kicking me in the head. I set out this morning (with DH's blessing) making a 3-strand afghan to keep her warm...

Thanks everybody for your complimets!

What a beautiful baby blanket:manyheart you did an awesome job on it !

where did you find the pattern? i am having to make five baby blankets by june here:eek

barb how do we add what we are working on? or do we only tell you when we are done?

The pattern is from Leisure Arts Booklet "Our Best Afghans From A to Z". This isn't really called a baby blanket but I thought it would work as one, although it really is quite big. I made the daisy afghan (you can see a pic in my blog) from that book and gave it to another friend as a baby blanket.

If you'd like to have a project added to the CAL just post here and I'll add it to the list. If you've already done that and it's not on the list then I have missed you somehow. ;)

Is it to late to join this one. I am starting the Stained Glass Window that was featured in the Crochet Today mag (NOv/Dec 2007 issue.) I am using a verigated neutral colors and a dark brown border.

Not too late to join. :clap I'll add your name and project to the first post. I hope you'll post back frequently and let us know how you're doing and perhaps to encourage us when we need it. ;) When you've completed your afghan post here to let us know and I'll update your name to say (COMPLETED!) by the project. If for some reason you decide to not complete the afghan please let me know and I'll remove it from the list.

Welcome! Sounds like an awesome project.

I've started a 3-strand scrapghan in pastels for my 4YO DD. She keeps crawling into my bed at night complaining "she's cold" (freezycat, I guess). Last night I wound up on the couch b/c she kept kicking me in the head. I set out this morning (with DH's blessing) making a 3-strand afghan to keep her warm...

I'll get it added, Krystal! I imagine she'll be delighted!

Well, I will post my first progress report. I completed my first motif yesterday. I am thankful to have some knowledge of how to read a chart and directions. I really think that there is an error in the directions. But I am working it the way that I feel is best. I started the second one last night. I special ordered my yarn for this, the first time I ever did something like that. I am really pleased with the way it is working out.

I am looking forward to browsing this thread a little more. Thank you for such a warm welcome. I know that I can do this, I just like having a little cheering section when the going gets tough.

Hello! Barbara Jean, I've completed my "Vanna's Crocheted Squares Afghan". :clap

It turned out rather small. If anyone is thinking about doing this afghan I would suggest buying more yarn, because I did not have enough to do the edging suggested in the pattern, and I would add another row of squares in each direction for a normal adult-sized afghan. I used the colors suggested in the pattern, and they do look really pretty together.

Thanks for the support! It helped keep me from stalling on my afghan project!:yes

So sorry I missed this before. I suppose I was too eager to post the pic of my completed afghan. ;) Well congratulations! :yay And I've updated the first post.

Well, I will post my first progress report. I completed my first motif yesterday. I am thankful to have some knowledge of how to read a chart and directions. I really think that there is an error in the directions. But I am working it the way that I feel is best. I started the second one last night. I special ordered my yarn for this, the first time I ever did something like that. I am really pleased with the way it is working out.

I am looking forward to browsing this thread a little more. Thank you for such a warm welcome. I know that I can do this, I just like having a little cheering section when the going gets tough.

Congratulations on your progress. It is frustrating to find a pattern that you really want to do but that just doesn't seem to come together like it should, isn't it? It sounds like you've beat it though.

I am working on a cozy Comfort Afghan by Aran Heirlooms only I am leaving out the puff stitch and this thing is 50 1/2" by 76" !!! it is for my son-in-law and he is 6 ft tall!

I am also doing another blanket almost this size for my Daughter but it does not have a name. I will call it "striped Afghan" it is made in sc strips and lots of different colors.

Hope to have these done by June 15th! that is when i am going to fl to see my daughter and the birth of a new grandchild:manyheart

on top of these I also have to make five!! baby blankets before may and june!

must have been something in the water :rofl:rofl

lets see I have also commented to making 2 scarves a month for a charity and a prayer Shawl each month for a charity

Think this should all keep me out of trouble:devil

I look forward to getting to know everyone here :hug

sissie

Sissie, you must know everyone that I do. I have 5 friends that are all due sometime between August and September. I am not sure what I am going to make for any of them yet and I better get a move on.

I am working on a cozy Comfort Afghan by Aran Heirlooms only I am leaving out the puff stitch and this thing is 50 1/2" by 76" !!! it is for my son-in-law and he is 6 ft tall!

I am also doing another blanket almost this size for my Daughter but it does not have a name. I will call it "striped Afghan" it is made in sc strips and lots of different colors.

Hope to have these done by June 15th! that is when i am going to fl to see my daughter and the birth of a new grandchild:manyheart

on top of these I also have to make five!! baby blankets before may and june!

must have been something in the water :rofl:rofl

lets see I have also commented to making 2 scarves a month for a charity and a prayer Shawl each month for a charity

Think this should all keep me out of trouble:devil

I look forward to getting to know everyone here :hug

sissie

Hi Sissie! I'll get your afghans listed.

You are going to one busy lady! :hook

Congratulations on the grandchildren! :yay

Barb, can you add a post-stitch baby afghan as my new project?

deb

Absolutely!

I am new and I have 2 afgans I am working on and wanted to know if I could join in or is it to late to join?

My first afgan is a childs afgan it has no name as it is my own making. I am using lavender, rasberry pink and a multi colored yarn #0310 Monet that has the pink and lavender colors. I am using a double crochet shell pattern to make the afgan.

My Second is baby blue, dark blue, coble blue, and a multi yarn #0984 Sh. Dusk and a bright blue color. I am using mainly sc and some dc and a row or two of tc. I am also incorperating a granny square pattern into the blanket as well. When this is finished it will be ruftly the size of a queen size comforter. I only have 3 granny squares done and maybe 15 rows of work on the blanket. lol, Long way to go still.

Sissie, you must know everyone that I do. I have 5 friends that are all due sometime between August and September. I am not sure what I am going to make for any of them yet and I better get a move on.

we might:) I see you are near me and three of the five are here :)

Do we really live that close? That is so cool!!!! It must be something in the water here then. I just can't believe how many people I know are pregnant. It is so wonderful!! (and saying in a very soft voice) I am glad it is not me...lol.

I am new and I have 2 afgans I am working on and wanted to know if I could join in or is it to late to join?

My first afgan is a childs afgan it has no name as it is my own making. I am using lavender, rasberry pink and a multi colored yarn #0310 Monet that has the pink and lavender colors. I am using a double crochet shell pattern to make the afgan.

My Second is baby blue, dark blue, coble blue, and a multi yarn #0984 Sh. Dusk and a bright blue color. I am using mainly sc and some dc and a row or two of tc. I am also incorperating a granny square pattern into the blanket as well. When this is finished it will be ruftly the size of a queen size comforter. I only have 3 granny squares done and maybe 15 rows of work on the blanket. lol, Long way to go still.

Hi Vanessa! Welcome to the CAL and to C'ville! :yay

I'll add your name and projects to the list in the first post. Stop by as often as possible to update us on your progress. Or if you're needing a little encouragement or advice this is the place. :hook

If for any reason you decide to not complete a project please post back or PM me so that I can remove it from the list.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Well, I haven't posted for awhile, but I've been around reading everybody else's posts. I started getting really bored with the projects I was working on cause they were taking so long. So, I started a square baby blanket called Popcorn Diamonds and it is going really fast.

Here is the problem. I'm using Red Heart Soft Yarn in White and the first ball I've used is not really white. It looks white from far away but it's really a kind of off white with a little yellow tint. Then the second ball I just started is a little whiter than the first one but it's also brighter (like a shine to it) and thinner. You can't really tell the difference but it is just bothering me everytime I look at it.

Oh well, I'm not gonna take it out, but man can't these companies get their whites white? :think

So finally after lots of stress and aggrivation i now am back online!! Hooray! :clap And during my internet exile, instead of finishing the christmas afghan, i started a new one (Diamond Trellis)!!!:eek But it is fairly easy and moving along speedily (for me at any rate). 3 motifs complete and the fourth is about 1/3 of the way done. Everyone your creations are beautiful and motivate me to get mine done.:hug

Archived