Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Everyone's Ghans are gorgeous.

I know I haven't posted here in a while. I put the 2 strander on hold until my DS decided what colors he wanted. He kept changing his mind, so I told him I wouldn't start it until he was certain of the colors.

He finally decided on Blue and Gold. Those are his college colors. I suggested those colors a while ago, and he wasn't sure he wanted them. But 2 weeks before school started, he told me to go ahead and make it those colors. I said fine, but don't expect it any time soon, since there are a few projects ahead of his.

I started it, and it will be a fill in project for a while. This is the one I grab when I need a break from the RR ghan and RR rug (along with other projects going).

Sorry I rambled...here is the pic of the progress so far.

th_DustysUTGhan1a.jpg

clickable

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yarnlover - Welcome! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful wedding gift!

Tahlara - The yarn in the baby blanket is SS. The ones in the other two are RHSS. I'll check on the colors tonight.

Krystal - Thank you!:hook Yes, it is Terry Kimbrough. I LOVE ALMOST ALL THOSE PATTERNS!!:manyheart I'll check on the book and pattern tonight.

Barb - Thank you! I wanna do another! :c9 Also, you have the brown and blue camo ghan, so all you should need to add is the other fall colored ghan. By the way, you really are doing a great job encouraging everyone and staying on top of what's going on. Keep up the good work!:cheer

Everyone's Ghans are gorgeous.

I know I haven't posted here in a while. I put the 2 strander on hold until my DS decided what colors he wanted. He kept changing his mind, so I told him I wouldn't start it until he was certain of the colors.

He finally decided on Blue and Gold. Those are his college colors. I suggested those colors a while ago, and he wasn't sure he wanted them. But 2 weeks before school started, he told me to go ahead and make it those colors. I said fine, but don't expect it any time soon, since there are a few projects ahead of his.

I started it, and it will be a fill in project for a while. This is the one I grab when I need a break from the RR ghan and RR rug (along with other projects going).

Sorry I rambled...here is the pic of the progress so far.

th_DustysUTGhan1a.jpg

clickable

It's looking great! Where's he going to school?

Barb - Thank you! I wanna do another! :c9 Also, you have the brown and blue camo ghan, so all you should need to add is the other fall colored ghan. By the way, you really are doing a great job encouraging everyone and staying on top of what's going on. Keep up the good work!:cheer

I'll get it added. And thanks! :hug

Thanks Barb :)

He is going to the University of Toledo. This is his second year there. He told me last year he would like for me to make him something in his school colors. He finally decided what that was, so now I get to make another monster ghan. At least this one is a 2 strander and not a 3 strander :whew

Thanks Barb :)

He is going to the University of Toledo. This is his second year there. He told me last year he would like for me to make him something in his school colors. He finally decided what that was, so now I get to make another monster ghan. At least this one is a 2 strander and not a 3 strander :whew

Ah, okay, was wondering who UT with blue and gold might be. :) My son is a freshman at UT, University of TN in Knoxville. Their colors are orange and white.

Ok, as I'm making my 30 squares for my afghan for a wedding gift I decided to measure my squares. Mine are 8-8 1/2" and the one in the pattern is 9 1/2 inches. I'm wondering if I should go back to all of my squares I've completed and do another round on each one (I have 21 done) or if I should just make additional squares to make it one row longer and one row wider. I think I'd have to make 11 more squares.

What do you suggest?

Ok, as I'm making my 30 squares for my afghan for a wedding gift I decided to measure my squares. Mine are 8-8 1/2" and the one in the pattern is 9 1/2 inches. I'm wondering if I should go back to all of my squares I've completed and do another round on each one (I have 21 done) or if I should just make additional squares to make it one row longer and one row wider. I think I'd have to make 11 more squares.

What do you suggest?

I think I'd just join them as they are and if you think it's too small add another row of squares.

What about the border? Will adding another round on each square or another row affect your end count and thus mess up your border?

I am mostly done with mine. All I have left is the border and a fringe. I haven't decided what type of border I'm adding yet, so I'll be working on that tomorrow.

I am done with the white section, I will take a picture in better light and post it tomorrow. Next color will be sage green (medium, I think).

I will do the green next week, a break from this WIP as I work on others. :)

I'm going to add another afghan to the list. Several months ago I started crocheting a sweater/jacket from Crochet! magazine. I thought I could use a different yarn than called for. Well, the "sweater" is huge and I have just put it aside so.... I'm going to turn it into a baby afghan. The challenge is going to be finding a way to join the squares which were left open for the sleeves. Once I've done that I will put a border on it with a contrasting color. I'm really hoping this will turn out nice. We'll see. ;) Here is a picture of 4 of the squares joined:

CharismaJacket.jpg

I'm going to add another afghan to the list. Several months ago I started crocheting a sweater/jacket from Crochet! magazine. I thought I could use a different yarn than called for. Well, the "sweater" is huge and I have just put it aside so.... I'm going to turn it into a baby afghan. The challenge is going to be finding a way to join the squares which were left open for the sleeves. Once I've done that I will put a border on it with a contrasting color. I'm really hoping this will turn out nice. We'll see. ;) Here is a picture of 4 of the squares joined:

CharismaJacket.jpg

That looks like the beginning of a beautiful baby blanket! Good luck!

WinterShellsPicEdit.jpg

Here's a pic of the new lapghan. *sigh* It's finally finished. I have a few other afghans in progress. I'll post about them when I'm more organized.

WinterShellsPicEdit.jpg

Here's a pic of the new lapghan. *sigh* It's finally finished. I have a few other afghans in progress. I'll post about them when I'm more organized.

Congratulations, Robyn! It's so pretty. I've updated the first post. :clap Just let me know which afghans to add.

Here is my dad's afghan all sewn together, have done 2 rows of border since photo was taken, but have to frog them, as done the wrong way round.

dadsafghansewedtogether.jpg

and the sweet dreams baby afghan, not done any for a while

swbabyblanket.jpg

Rox

Great work everyone!:clap

I think I finally have all the afghans I'm working on written down:

Donna's Flowered Afghan

Granny Square Afghan

Sadie's Afghan

Tyler's Afghan

Michael's Afghan

Box Stitch Afghan

Blushing Grannies

Baby Granny Square Afghan

Ripple Afghan

I'm almost done with Sadie's afghan and I'm about 1/3 done with the Blushing Grannies, but most of the others I havent' touched since the move.

Great work everyone!:clap

I think I finally have all the afghans I'm working on written down:

Donna's Flowered Afghan

Granny Square Afghan

Sadie's Afghan

Tyler's Afghan

Michael's Afghan

Box Stitch Afghan

Blushing Grannies

Baby Granny Square Afghan

Ripple Afghan

I'm almost done with Sadie's afghan and I'm about 1/3 done with the Blushing Grannies, but most of the others I havent' touched since the move.

Wow! I'll add them to the list.

Haven't posted here in a while... :eek

Anyway the yoyo afghan's come to a halt at the moment, but the kittens in a row are still going :hook I've gotten about 5 rows of kittens done so far. I'm liking the way it's turning out! :D

Hey, it's good to hear from you!

I am working on a Cirles of Hope afghan for charity, a granny square afghan for a special project, have all the squares completed for the Harlequin afghan and need to get it together and I am starting an Green Bay Packer afghan for my son.

Wow, you're a busy lady too! Would you like for me to add these to the list?

Archived