Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Hi! :) This weekend I am going to buy yarn to start working on a two-strand ripple afghan, well more like a bed spread, as a wedding gift for my sister who gets married in a month. It will be approximately 110” long x 96” wide when it is done so I got my work cut out for me. So I thought I'd join this CAL to get me working faster. Hopefully I will be able to finish it before we get there. I do have an 8 hour plane trip to get there as well, so I will have nothing but time then. :P Her wedding is July 21st and we leave two days before that. I will let you know when I start so you can kick my behind if I start slacking :)

I'll get you added. That's going to be a challenge to finish. Good luck! We'll be here to cheer you on! :yay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barbara Jean,

You can go ahead and add the Steelers afghan to the list. I am also wanting to do a Noah's Ark Afghan.

My Blue and Yellow bedghan is now 60" Square. 40" more to go:eek

Barbara Jean,

You can go ahead and add the Steelers afghan to the list. I am also wanting to do a Noah's Ark Afghan.

My Blue and Yellow bedghan is now 60" Square. 40" more to go:eek

:clap I can't wait to see the Steelers afghan!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the daffodil afghan (and some extras I threw in with a gardening theme) went for $75. The total package, accounting for my costs and time on the afghan, as well as all the extras, amounted to about $125. I'm OK with the price it brought because I know the person who bought it, bought it for the afghan, not the extras and it's money I would've given to the cause anyway.

OH, I know I have some other posts here to reply to, but I've had four hours of sleep since when I woke up Friday a.m.:out:tired Be back later.

Joyce

That is Excellent, Joyce!:cheer

Hi all, having a few problems with my afghan, changed the design last week and decided to make a big square 15 inch, and place the smaller squares around and then do a border.

I have blocked all the squares the best I can, but they have not all come out the same size or shape, how do I make them fit around the bigger square without it looking a mess.

Cheers

Rox

Hey everyone, I would love to join you if you have room for one more. I will be starting a new blanket soon and I'm just waiting for the rest of my yarn that I ordered on ebay. I love ebay! I've become an addict with ebay and now with crocheting.

This cal seems very inspiring...can't wait to get started.:hook

I'm in if there is room for one more. I'm just waiting for the rest of my yarn that I ordered on ebay and then I'll decide on a pattern. I get kind of bored in the middle of crocheting, so this cal will hopefully keep me motivated.

I'll let you know when I've picked a pattern.

Happy crocheting everyone!!!:hook

Okay...I couldn't wait for all my yarn to get here so I started making squares with the colors I already have. I decided to make Cathedral Windows from A year of Afghans book 15 month of November.

I just finished making 3 squares. :cheer

I just have 17 more to go with this color.

I have to make 158 total, but they seem to be going fast.

I'll post a picture this weekend. Happy crocheting!:hook

Howdy,

I know I wasn't around in the forum for a long while. Things were rather stressful for me. I managed to go back to crochetting two days ago. I nearby forgot how the crafting make a person feel much better. :)

Just now, I finished the first color of my diagonal texture blanket. I decide to use up the yarn before I can move on to next color which will be RHSS Carrot (orange). First color is Raspberry (I think).

The length and width is a bit over 2' each. I hope to do 5 more colors which push it into about 6' square diagonal blanket. (Pics clickable)

th_IMG_0654.jpg textured stitch close-up

th_IMG_0652.jpg 1st color completed.

Hello everyone - I've been MIA for a few days. I had to finish up some dishcloths for a swap I was in.

I'm glad to see so many people join our CAL. :hook And to see others starting new projects :yay

I have got to get back to my afghan!!! I have not made much progress and I'm making this for a b-day gift for someone who's b-day is July 8th!

Tahlara: Glad to see you back, sorry things have been so stress for you. I hope that since you are crocheting that is a sign that things have gotten a little better. Your diagonal texture blanket looks great so far - I'm loving the color !

:hug Thank you, disneypal! I posted a reply in Illusion Scarf Kal about the Knitty Gritty episode and stuff. I will see how things go after I come back home from San Francisco trip. I am already done with few rows of 2nd color on diagonal blanket while I do the slow process of posting. :lol

So i've got it figured out, I have to make 5 a day of my little squares, and weave in the ends, which will leave me with only 2 days to put it all together.... that wouldn't be so bad except I have a bunch of other things to make too... bottle covers, bibs, another sweater set, hats, bonnets, booties.... goodness, if i worry this much with my sister having a baby what am I going to do when I have one of my own???

7/196 completed (Ill get a picture up today!! PROMISE!!!)

Hi all, having a few problems with my afghan, changed the design last week and decided to make a big square 15 inch, and place the smaller squares around and then do a border.

I have blocked all the squares the best I can, but they have not all come out the same size or shape, how do I make them fit around the bigger square without it looking a mess.

Cheers

Rox

Gosh, Rox, I'm not sure. Can you post a picture of your layout? That would give us a better idea of what to suggest.

Okay...I couldn't wait for all my yarn to get here so I started making squares with the colors I already have. I decided to make Cathedral Windows from A year of Afghans book 15 month of November.

I just finished making 3 squares. :cheer

I just have 17 more to go with this color.

I have to make 158 total, but they seem to be going fast.

I'll post a picture this weekend. Happy crocheting!:hook

Happy to have you join! And you've already made great progress! I'll get your name and project added to the first post.

Howdy,

I know I wasn't around in the forum for a long while. Things were rather stressful for me. I managed to go back to crochetting two days ago. I nearby forgot how the crafting make a person feel much better. :)

Just now, I finished the first color of my diagonal texture blanket. I decide to use up the yarn before I can move on to next color which will be RHSS Carrot (orange). First color is Raspberry (I think).

The length and width is a bit over 2' each. I hope to do 5 more colors which push it into about 6' square diagonal blanket. (Pics clickable)

th_IMG_0654.jpg textured stitch close-up

th_IMG_0652.jpg 1st color completed.

Glad to see you back! I love that stitch - so pretty.

Hello everyone - I've been MIA for a few days. I had to finish up some dishcloths for a swap I was in.

I'm glad to see so many people join our CAL. :hook And to see others starting new projects :yay

I have got to get back to my afghan!!! I have not made much progress and I'm making this for a b-day gift for someone who's b-day is July 8th!

!

Oh my! You don't have much time left.

So i've got it figured out, I have to make 5 a day of my little squares, and weave in the ends, which will leave me with only 2 days to put it all together.... that wouldn't be so bad except I have a bunch of other things to make too... bottle covers, bibs, another sweater set, hats, bonnets, booties.... goodness, if i worry this much with my sister having a baby what am I going to do when I have one of my own???

7/196 completed (Ill get a picture up today!! PROMISE!!!)

Well, it sounds like you've got a great plan.

17 of 196 done... I can't find the camera batteries.... I'm hoping my fiance' did something with them... I think I've finally got the hang of the squares so they are going a lot faster!

Found the batteries.... they were still in the charger... duh!!!

here is a picture of the squares I have so far. I'm doing well, I have all the ends woven in!

th_DSC02096.jpg

17 of 196 done... I can't find the camera batteries.... I'm hoping my fiance' did something with them... I think I've finally got the hang of the squares so they are going a lot faster!

Found the batteries.... they were still in the charger... duh!!!

here is a picture of the squares I have so far. I'm doing well, I have all the ends woven in!

th_DSC02096.jpg

Very pretty!

Sorry I haven't been around much- we've had a pretty crazy week around here. Literally. My dad just spent his 75th birthday in the hospital with a diagnosis of late onset Bipolar. I've been on the road every day this week trying to help my mom navigate the mental health care system. What an education!

I have, however, been shlepping my workbag arond with me, and have gotten a surprizing amount done in waiting rooms. I'll see if I can figure out the pic thing tonight- enough procrastinating!

Thank you, disneypal! I posted a reply in Illusion Scarf Kal about the Knitty Gritty episode and stuff. I will see how things go after I come back home from San Francisco trip. I am already done with few rows of 2nd color on diagonal blanket while I do the slow process of posting

Oooh - I love San Francisco. I haven't been in a really long time though. Enjoy your trip. I will go check out your Illusion Scarf post. Thanks for telling me - I haven't had much time for knitting lately so haven't thought to check it.

th_DSC02096.jpg

Jessica - that is going to be so pretty - love the pink and yellow together.

Originally Posted by malin viewpost.gif

Just got back from yarn shopping. So now it's time to start hookin :) This is what I got. Wish me luck :P

Good luck, malin! I just love seeing a big pile of yarn like that - you look at it and just see all the possibilities that lie ahead.

We are leaving a few minutes to take our son for orientation at UT. I don't expect to have internet access until I return home which will be sometime between Wednesday and Saturday. We're not sure what the plans are.

I will make any updates to your projects when I return. I look forward to checking in on your progress then. Happy crocheting!

Everyone's ghans are looking great!!

I finally picked back up the shell stitch ghan, I'm almost done!! Working on the border now...goal is to have it finished by tomorrow!!

Can't find my battery charger for my camera!! :angry I've tore the house apart!!! Hopefully I will find it soon and I can post some pics!

Archived