Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I watched a whole Harry Potter movie a-thon on Monday (yes all 4!) and got a lot of stitching in. :D

What fun!! I'm so excited about the next movie and book coming out!!

I've completed 20 rounds on my Pineapples-in-the-Round Afghan so I guess I need to "officially" add it to my Miscellaneous CAL list.

Wow - that is a lot done already!! I don't think I have seen that pattern - sounds really pretty!

well my sister is having a girl, so I'll be back in here soon enough, just have to pick out the yarn and a pattern! can't decide whether to stick with the ripple (which i really like) or to try something new. Ill let you know when i've got it figured out!

Yea!! A niece for you! You can never go wrong with a pretty ripple.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yikes! The CAL that ate Manhattan! I've been away from the boards for awhile, and look what happened! I tried reading up, but I couldn't get through it all. Are you guys still accepting new people for this monster CAL?

I've been inspired by Yammy's post on show and tell called "Fast and Easy Scrapghan" showing her Scrumptuous Scraps ghan. I think it would make a great CAL on it's own, but there isn't one right now. I posted at the end of Yammy's thread what my wacky plans were for making different color themes for each of my five kids... I'll paste that here if this CAL is still open.

Join on in. BarbaraJean's busy this weekend, but I'm sure she'll get you in the first post as soon as she can. :welcome

Joyce

Angelfire- do you have a link to a pic of the harlequin? It sounds awesome, and I haven't been able to find one with the search button. My daughter and I have similar gauge, and I think ths would be a fun one to do with her (she's nine years old and at least as good as I am!)- Thanks!

Angelfire- do you have a link to a pic of the harlequin? It sounds awesome, and I haven't been able to find one with the search button. My daughter and I have similar gauge, and I think ths would be a fun one to do with her (she's nine years old and at least as good as I am!)- Thanks!

What a great idea! Glad to hear you've got another generation hooked :hook

Angelfire, that sounds like quite the project, 956?!? GULP

I have done nothing on my daff ghan today. I've been felting a bag the better part of the day, the good news is I started it last night and it's nearly finished. One more cycle thru the wash and dry and I think I'm there. Will post pic. You can read about it a bit in my blog (in my siggie)

Joyce

I was able to crochet some more squares for my Harlequin Afghan. I am now up to 239/ 956. so far I have used 34 different colors

And I thought I was undertaking a huge project...956 squares??? :faint

I managed to make another square last night...I'm getting so close! :clap

62/70

Wow, you're all doing great! Keep up the work!

I haven't picked up a hook since Friday - been painting and trying to keep the house from looking like Dorothy's tornado hit it while I'm not supervising... Might get to that tonight, as my walls are drying now.

Well I picked the next blanket I'm going to make, the one for my sister, well my niece.... but you get the idea, Unfortunately its knit, so I don't suppose it belongs in a Crochet- along...:no Guess I'll just have to be a bystander for a while!

I did pick out my next crochet one too, but it might be a while before I get to it:(

I didn't take a photo but the baby afghan is now a little over half done. I'm getting so tired of working on it. It seems like it's taking forever to get it done.

Aww, I sympathize with you. I've had projects like that. Just think about how great it will be to have it done with so you can move on to a project you can be excited about.

th_redwhiteblue0525.jpg

HEre's my afghan! Getting there....

Great job, Krystal! You're getting so much done!

Here's my afghan so far. I took a few days off because I was getting frustrated, but now I'm working on it again.

th_5-25-07001.jpg

I'm so glad you posted a picture. It's great!

I've completed 20 rounds on my Pineapples-in-the-Round Afghan so I guess I need to "officially" add it to my Miscellaneous CAL list. :) It is really working up so pretty and so much easier than I could have ever anticipated. The weather has cooled off dramatically here in the Napa Valley, so I'll have to get back to work on my ripples now!

Yay! I'll get your new project added.

Yikes! The CAL that ate Manhattan! I've been away from the boards for awhile, and look what happened! I tried reading up, but I couldn't get through it all. Are you guys still accepting new people for this monster CAL?

I've been inspired by Yammy's post on show and tell called "Fast and Easy Scrapghan" showing her Scrumptuous Scraps ghan. I think it would make a great CAL on it's own, but there isn't one right now. I posted at the end of Yammy's thread what my wacky plans were for making different color themes for each of my five kids... I'll paste that here if this CAL is still open.

Hi Julie! I'll add your name to the list. Joyce is right. Busy, busy weekend! Welcome!

There is a CAL button in the first post. Feel free to add it to your blog or web page.

I have all but five squares joined :clap on the daffodil afghan. I suspect I'll do the rest either tonight or tomorrow, then start on the border, then it'll be done. PHEW

Joyce

Thanks all!

Well, I was given a sack of scraps and partial skeins by an "auntie" who retired her hooks due to arthritis. It has been sitting in the closet because I just couldn't get enthused about any scrap patterns. Well, I'm off to the races! As I pulled out the bits and pieces, the colors sorted themselves out into my children's favorite color groups, with several of the yarns fitting into several groups. I'm working on the first of five, and even as slowly as I work, I'm thinking I can do one in about four weeks.

The color grups are:

Forest- greens, browns (with autumn leaves for contrast)

Waterfall- blues, aquas, greys

Desert- browns, beiges, sages

Cottage garden- pinks, purples, yellows, oranges, reds, blues, greens

VOLCANO!- reds, oranges, yellows

Now of course I have to go hunting for more scraps to " fill out" the pallettes! My hubby teasingly asked if there was a "Used Yarn Store" for remnants so I wouldn't buy out Michael's trying to use up "free" yarn!

I saw something in one of the posts about "Photo Friday"- was that in this thread? If so I'll wait until then to post "Forest", which is only about a foot wide so far.

I saw something in one of the posts about "Photo Friday"- was that in this thread? If so I'll wait until then to post "Forest", which is only about a foot wide so far.

There is a photo Friday somewhere but not here, post away! Those all sound so cool!

Joyce

I've now completed 25 round on my Pineapples-in-the-Round Afghan, and I know I am repeating myself, but this thing is so to die for! I can't believe its as easy as it is, and that I've gotten as far as I have!

Hi Everybody!

Haven't been on for awhile! Been crochet happy on my DH bedghan. Just got done doing another Royal Blue Strip and on to a yellow strip. It is getting too big for me to maneuver around now. GETTIN' KINDA HEAVY!

Also finished the hardwood flooring in the Master bedroom and finished the tiling in the bathroom. :cheer

You all are doing a great job. Haven't finished reading all the posts yet.

I watched a whole Harry Potter movie a-thon on Monday (yes all 4!) and got a lot of stitching in. :D

OUCH! DISNEYPAL, I missed that! Gosh darn it! I was too busy watching the Sopranos marathon! and helping DH working on the house. Wait, was it on TV or did you watch them all from a DVD,'cause I just looked in my TV Guide and didn't see it.

BarbaraJean:

How did all the graduation activities go? I bet you are tired after this past weekend.

Posted by jmccrochet

I have all but five squares joined :clap on the daffodil afghan. I suspect I'll do the rest either tonight or tomorrow, then start on the border, then it'll be done. PHEW

Yeah!! Almost done - I know you will be glad. Did you finish your market bags for your friend?

Posted by furball1234

OUCH! DISNEYPAL, I missed that! Gosh darn it! I was too busy watching the Sopranos marathon! and helping DH working on the house. Wait, was it on TV or did you watch them all from a DVD,'cause I just looked in my TV Guide and didn't see it.

That wasn't me - it was Mermaiden but I would have loved to have been watching the Harry Potter marathon and crocheting all that time too!! I'm not sure but I think she watched the DVDs.

I've never seen the Sopranos - I think I'm the only person who hasn't - everyone I work with talks about it. I think I would like it but I don't have HBO so I guess that is why I never watched it. :)

BarbaraJean:

How did all the graduation activities go? I bet you are tired after this past weekend.

:)

Graduation was awesome. The party was good. Family drama was unfortunate but nothing I could have done to prevent it. Mitchell seems to not have allowed it to ruin it all for him for which I'm thankful! We are so very proud.The Supt. of Schools said in his speech that to have a 4.0 GPA would put a student only 24th in this class! So ... we are pretty excited that Mitchell was ranked 12th in his class of 229.

AwardsCeremony014small.jpg

Graduation was awesome. The party was good. Family drama was unfortunate but nothing I could have done to prevent it. Mitchell seems to not have allowed it to ruin it all for him for which I'm thankful! We are so very proud.The Supt. of Schools said in his speech that to have a 4.0 GPA would put a student only 24th in this class! So ... we are pretty excited that Mitchell was ranked 12th in his class of 229.

AwardsCeremony014small.jpg

:cheer :cheer Congratulations are in order for Mitchell, You should be very proud.

BarbaraJean, congrats to your son!

I am happy to report in tonight that the daffodil ghan is completely assembled. I'm struggling to figure out if I have enough Caron cream to start the border or if I should just do it in green, I KNOW I have plenty of that and that MAY be the route I take. Probably will so I"m not stressin' over it. Now it's off to bed, I"m exhausted and soooo tired of crocheting right now LOL

Joyce

Joyce, I always like my border to be one of the darker colors of the afghan rather than lighter. Although, if you joined with offwhite, it certainly would look beautiful either way. Perhaps go around in offwhite, and then do another row or two in the green if you run short of the number of rows you want?

I watched them on DVD. :D

and here is a pic finally - my progress so far..... (clickable)

2617475310026294795yhHQbf_th.jpg

Just a few more to edge and join before I get to the flowers!

Joyce, I always like my border to be one of the darker colors of the afghan rather than lighter. Although, if you joined with offwhite, it certainly would look beautiful either way. Perhaps go around in offwhite, and then do another row or two in the green if you run short of the number of rows you want?

Thanks Krystal. I'm afraid I don't even have enough off white to go around once so I'm going to use the green

Joyce

Archived