Where Could I Find a Sheep Measuring Tape?

I don't know if this is the right place for this or if it should go in Off Topic... :think Does anyone know of a place I could find a sheep measuring tape? I found this site (via a crochet magazine I have...) But no sheepies.... :2sheep Maybe the Crochetville Cafe Shop could start selling them? :hook:shrug

Thanks if anyone can help. I want to get one for a friend.

Tina

Thanks, Paulette!! I have one a Secret Pal bought me for a swap a year or so ago, and I love it. (My tape comes out the back, too. OT, Our four year old always asks 'Is this it's tail?' :lol ) I love mine and wanted to get one for a friend who crochets. :hook

Tina

If you have the crochet book "100 Crochet Projects" by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss my pattern is in there on page 240. Here's a picture Loopi. If you don't have the book, you can get it at Amazon

I had the pattern on my site for free until Jean & Rita bought the copyright to it.

Awesome!!! Thanks everyone!! :hug I am doing a search for measuring tapes.. :D So far I found a heart... a butterfly one, a bee....

I'll look at the links thanks so much!

Tina

The heart and bee could easily be made by crochet. Just get one of those round tape measures at most grocery, drugstore, Target, Walmart, KMart, etc. Make 2 motifs of your choice and stitch them together, slide the tape measure between the 2 motifs, complete stitching, leaving a hole for the tape measure to come out. That's basically what I did for Loopi except I used the loop stitch.

Thank you, Cheryl!! I remember you had one you made, too, didn't you? (I still love my sheep tape, and use it all the time.) :manyheart

Tina

Yes, Loopi was my pattern. You didn't print out the pattern when I had it posted?

No. Was it in one of the Crochet Pattern a Day Calendars though? I remember seeing it.

How do you rewind the tape to put it in the crocheted bee, or heart (if I did crochet one)? Or do you just rewind it and stick it back in? :think

I had no idea there were so many cute measuring tapes to be had! It could be a new collection for me... :P

Yes, Loopi was my pattern. You didn't print out the pattern when I had it posted?

Oh. Just went to your site and saw the Loopi sheep. Congratulations on getting it published! :clap

If you have the crochet book "100 Crochet Projects" by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss my pattern is in there on page 240. Here's a picture Loopi. If you don't have the book, you can get it at Amazon

I had the pattern on my site for free until Jean & Rita bought the copyright to it.

I HAVE that book!! It is YOUR design, how WONDERFUL!! I been eyeballing that and DO plan on making it...wow!! Awsome :hook

How do you rewind the tape to put it in the crocheted bee, or heart (if I did crochet one)? Or do you just rewind it and stick it back in? :think

There's a little button on the side of the tape measure. You just push the button. If you crochet over the tape measure, you can still push the button. That's how Loopi works, also.

Loopi might have been in the 2005 or 2006 Crochet A Day Calendar. That was prior to Jean & Rita purchasing the copyright.

JoBug....yes, that was my design. And the tape does come out his rear-end.

Oh! Cool! I was wondering how that would work. I'll have to see if I can find some of those tape measures. Thanks Diamond!! :manyheart I'll have to check out if it's in the 2006 calendar. :hook

There's a little button on the side of the tape measure. You just push the button. If you crochet over the tape measure, you can still push the button. That's how Loopi works, also.

Loopi might have been in the 2005 or 2006 Crochet A Day Calendar. That was prior to Jean & Rita purchasing the copyright.

JoBug....yes, that was my design. And the tape does come out his rear-end.

Oh! Cool! I was wondering how that would work. I'll have to see if I can find some of those tape measures. Thanks Diamond!! :manyheart I'll have to check out if it's in the 2006 calendar. :hook

FYI, hobby Lobby has them for 99 cents, and they hold up VERY well, also, a little tidbit, if you visit the doctor regularly,and feel comfortable with the nurse, ASk her if they have an extra one, they get many free ones from drug companies...lol.. I happen to have a celebrex one...and maybe a prozac one...:lol

Archived