Proof of just how UNpopular crochet is in my area.

So I ended up being near the closest LYS to me today, because I had to catch a bus only a block away from it. I had 20 minutes to kill, so I stopped in.

I hadn't been there in a while, and the last time I WAS there, they had some (solely) crochet supplies - hooks and such. I go in there today... and nothing.

Not one hook. All their patterns are kn*t only. I asked about thread. Guess what they had?

2 - count 'em - TWO - balls of this:

th_WhiteThread.jpg

BOTH in white. That's IT.

:sigh

It's a darned good thing I know of a few online stores that ship to the UK, isn't it?:(

:lol

OF COURSE I bought it!!! What kind of crocheter do you think I am!?!? :lol

I've already got a project in mind for it - a wristlet purse to put up for sale on Etsy. I've got pattern ideas (making up my own, don'tcha know) rolling through my head as I type. :hook

I hear you Suzy, just try & get some patterns that will really get you going!!!

I can get hooks in my LYS but that's it; good job we have online stores.

Isn't anybody but me going to make a crack about "Southern Comfort"?

:)

:lol

Now see... I didn't even think of that at first. I was just too happy to have actually found some thread (even if it WAS just white).

It wasn't until later, when I was admiring the thread (that's not weird is it?:blush ), that I realized what the label actually SAID. :lol Hey... it's pretty fitting, if you think about it. It made me just as happy as a few glasses of Southern Comfort would! :devil

Archived