UGH! Reverse Single Crochet....

I have a very different way of doing this stitch, I do it similar to a sc, then I take and twist the hook around before completing the stitch and it looks just like crab stitch but is much easier.

At first I hated this stitch and couldn't see any possible reason why anyone invented it. I was about to curse the person who did. But then I began designing things and it became a very useful stitch and one that I find myself using more and more. It really does give things a nice finishing edge. And once you practice and get used to it, it isn't so hard. It just takes a while to get used to crocheting "backwards". ;)

I agree that at first it DOES feel awkward, but like with anything else it gets easier with practice:yes I actually LIKE doing it now, and I use it whenever I can, too, I like the finished look it gives to me pieces. Here is a helpful link

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=17

since i taught myself how to crochet reverse single was one of the first most difficult stiches i had to do on a baby blanket. once i got the hang of if it i could not get enought of it. i love doing it partly because of the challenge and how it looks when its done. i get bored doing the same ole stiches all the time.

RoseRed check my photo of crab stitch dont think mine had turned out like your beautiful stitch .:( What have I done wrong?

Very helpful thread! Tomorrow I plan to rc around my Spider Man 'ghan and I was dreading it. I've been crocheting for eons and have never done this stitch! Now I'm looking forward to it!

Archived