Cute warm and fuzzy:

I got a job at the lock Home Depot working w. the contractors. While in my training class I was talking to another woman about crocheting. The sweet teenage Boy behind us, chimed in and before we knew it he was exchanging patterns w/ us.

He Grandma taught him how to crochet.

Just thought it was sweet.

Although before we left class, he asked us not to tell any of the girls working there because he was embarrassed.

Just a cute story I thought I would share.

Mare

You should explain to him that if he tells the girls working there that he crochets, he could get dates easier. He'll be a trend setter and get other male employees to learn to crochet.

He sounds like a very cool kid.

He will feel more comfortable when he is dating someone serious then he will tell her he crochets....Thats great that more men are getting into it and I find the ones who do also like designing and thats what got them into doing crochet to help them design fashion better... They have great ideas also... Look at Drew on here..His work is excellent...

I have a nephew who crochets my SIL taught him young but he only likes doing squares and scarfs stuff like that but his work is pretty good :hook

hehe he was sweet I told him, it shows his softer side, I also told him My hubby rolls all my yarn for me. He laughed Cause my hubby is 6'5 315 looking like a blad lumber jack. hehe, I told him, he does it cause he knows how emotional i get when i am in the middle fo a project and i get all knotted up!!!

I tought a 13 year old boy to crochet after he found interest in something I was crocheting. I think it is good that boys should learn to crochet. I beleive there is nothing girly about crochet. It`s just some pple have this attitude that wool is for girls only. Look at Kafe Fasset he is so successful and he is a man. something I point out to pple who think wool is for girls only.

Tell him not to be shy, its a form of art after all. Good on him bless.

Very Cool. We have a man in our local knitting/crochet group. He's a fast "hooker" and knows all the tricks of the trade. :hook His mother taught him also.

Dh and I have decided that ALL of our children will learn to do both, knit and crochet. Well, actually, a lot of needlework skills, like sewing (including hand) and embroidery...Surgeons--even men--do embroidery (or so I've heard) because it helps them keep their stitches even as they work their regular jobs. Also, you never know when something will happen and you'll need these skills just to keep clothing on your back. Not only that they're practical skills for daily clothing, but they can bring money into the household.

I think that's great! I have been talking to my teenage nephews about it. I told them it would get them girls, which is the goal. Girls think it's neat if a guy likes crochet. I would love it if my hubby could. He is attentive enough and brags about things I make, even takes things to work and shows them off, but he doesn't really get the excitement when I try to show him a great pattern I am excited about.

Here's a good point that can be applied here. My oldest nephew says they have a male cheerleader at his high school. He said the football players would make fun of him until......the male cheerleader finally gave them something to talk about...he said "hey, while you guys are smelling each other's sweat, I have beautiful girls climbing all over me and I get to smell their sweet perfume, be in on their secrets , and I have a date with the head cheerleader after the game!:yes

Same thing with crochet, they would get to know the girls better!

Dh and I have decided that ALL of our children will learn to do both, knit and crochet. Well, actually, a lot of needlework skills, like sewing (including hand) and embroidery...Surgeons--even men--do embroidery (or so I've heard) because it helps them keep their stitches even as they work their regular jobs. Also, you never know when something will happen and you'll need these skills just to keep clothing on your back. Not only that they're practical skills for daily clothing, but they can bring money into the household.

I think that's a great idea! And they should learn to cook too. Then they are self sufficient! I don't like all the stereotypes that say guys can't do some things because they are girly. Same with women doing " guy " things. My mom taught me to fix the plumbing, use tools and change a tire. All great skills. I have been teaching my 5yr old son to make a chain and hubby even has one of his chains hanging on the rear view mirror.

Archived