Cupcake purse finished!!!

shuttlebuggy

A special thanks to Tapanga from this site for sharing her pattern and for Yolanda for sending it to me!

I wondered what to do with all my scrap "fun fur" from scarves :knit I had made people this past fall and winter -- so that is how I got the pattern and got the word about this nice site :clap The purse stands about 8-9 inches high and about 6 inches wide at the base and about 7-8 inches wide at the frosting top.

I have a special little girl in mind for this purse (I will save it and give it to her on her birthday:yay ) as she loves My Little Ponies and has a collection that she takes with her everywhere - so I figure this is the perfect little tote for that sort of thing! I might even stick a couple in there to complete the gift :manyheart

SO thanks to Tapanga and Yolanda for helping me out with my "scrap fur" problem - I think the top "frosting" portion of the cupcake looks cute done

up this way!

Hugs to you two!

Shuttlebuggy

P0002137.jpg

P0002138-1.jpg

That's fantastic shuttlebuggy, I'm sure she'll be the best accessorized girl in the school. Jax in Wales

That turned out beautiful! I love the different colors! I am just going to have make one with fun fur now!

Have you seen the coin purse that goes with it? Super simple to make and would be perfect for all the bows, brushes and little pieces that come with the ponies!

Here is the link

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39495

That is really cute. Don't we all have just that much fun fur hanging about? Of course we do, we never throw away yarn! My daughter is only 9 months, we are looking forward to girly things like that.

What an adorable purse! You did a beautiful job! Is there a pattern on this site for it? I have a good friend who has a 9 year old daughter that would love one of those! :clap

Elle

Thanks everyone! Hey I just had an idea -- doing a smaller version of the cupcake and making several as "favors" or "goodie" bags for a girly girl tea party!

Wouldn't that be great!!!???

Hmmmm...the things we can do to make others smile with all our scraps & ends of skeins --- my brain cells are smoking now!

~Shuttlebuggy~

Archived