Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good Morning.

Today is clean up day in our town, so I have alot of stuff to get out.....busy day to say the least.

I did not make my goal with the RR due to everything else going on.....i'll get moving on it soon.....I have gotten a couple rounds done on it. :yes

Have a great day....BBL.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Marlene -- good luck on your pink rr -- can't wait to see some photos-- it'll have to be pretty if it's pink -- probably my second favorite color !

Hey there Jude ! How goes it today ?

Morning Miss Sheila--maybe we should call you Nurse Sheila if you are brave enough to take out stitches on people . Maybe you could put a sign in the yard and do it for half price from theclinic-- 100 bucks .

You could get rich !

Hey there Tabby-O,

Good luck on town cleanup day . I just got home from the grocery -- we had a Sherriff sitting at the edge of town, with 4 convicts out cleaning up our town today . ( 2 ladies and 2 men )

Hope he had his rifle handy so none of them make a break for it and hide out here in town. That'd be scarey .

Hey ladies

Since some of us know each other REALLY well,and others we might not know quite as well, I thought maybe we could try a little questionnaire so we get to know each other better . Please take a couple minutes to complete this survey -- maybe we will get to know each other a little better .

1-Favorite thing to crochet -

2-Do you like to read,and if so, what types of books ?

3-What other crafts do you enjoy ?

4-How many siblings do you have ?

5-How many different states have you lived in ?

6-What is your current state famous for ?

7-Favorite vacation spot ?

8-Do you collect anything ( not counting YARN ) ?

9-Favorite meal ?

10-Favorite TV show OR movie ?

I'll go first to break the ice :

1-Favorite thing to crochet -afghans

2-Do you like to read,and if so, what types of books ?true crime/ history

3-What other crafts do you enjoy ? knitting

4-How many siblings do you have ? 1 sister

5-How many different states have you lived in ? just one

6-What is your current state famous for ?Ohio State,Rock Hall of Fame , Cleveland Indians,Cavs,Browns....

7-Favorite vacation spot ? any BEACH

8-Do you collect anything ( not counting YARN ) ? nope, used to, but not anymore

9-Favorite meal ? biscuits and gravy

10-Favorite TV show OR movie ? Reality shows : Biggest Loser, Dancing WTS, Survivor, Big Brother, ****'s Kitchen ,Amazing Race ,Ghosthunters, Dog the Bounty Hunter .

YOUR TURN

Hey ladies

Since some of us know each other REALLY well,and others we might not know quite as well, I thought maybe we could try a little questionnaire so we get to know each other better . Please take a couple minutes to complete this survey -- maybe we will get to know each other a little better .

1-Favorite thing to crochet -afghans

2-Do you like to read,and if so, what types of books ? true crime

3-What other crafts do you enjoy ? cross-stitch

4-How many siblings do you have ? 2 (1 sis & 1 bro)& 2 half brothers

5-How many different states have you lived in ? 2 Kansas & NY

6-What is your current state famous for ? apples (I think)

7-Favorite vacation spot ? vacation? what's that?

8-Do you collect anything ( not counting YARN ) ? porcelain dolls

9-Favorite meal ? spagetti and meatballs

10-Favorite TV show OR movie ? Flicka (Tim McGraw is a hottie :yes)

The bold words are my answers. :D

Hey ladies

1-Favorite thing to crochet - baby afghans

2-Do you like to read,and if so, what types of books ? yes, anything with words

3-What other crafts do you enjoy ? cross-stitch, needlepunch, knitting, quilting

4-How many siblings do you have ? 2

5-How many different states have you lived in ? 7

6-What is your current state famous for ? country music and a recent flood

7-Favorite vacation spot ? Gatlinburg, Tn

8-Do you collect anything ( not counting YARN ) ? thimbles

9-Favorite meal ? chocolate chocolate chip pancake breakfast at IHOP

10-Favorite TV show OR movie ?

10th Kingdom

Ask me tomorrow and my favorite show or movie might change. :)

Morning Miss Sheila--maybe we should call you Nurse Sheila if you are brave enough to take out stitches on people . Maybe you could put a sign in the yard and do it for half price from theclinic-- 100 bucks .

You could get rich !

:lol I dont know why when it comes to my last little ones here I am overly protective and wreck when they get hurt.:lol think its my older age :lol

My older kids when they were younger just would have snipped snipped :lol

Hey ladies

1-Favorite thing to crochet -Afghans, doilies

2-Do you like to read,and if so, what types of books ?Biography, history

3-What other crafts do you enjoy ?knitting, counted cross stitch

4-How many siblings do you have ?1 older sister, 2 younger bros.

5-How many different states have you lived in ?4, Calif, Wisconsin, Illinois, Arizona

6-What is your current state famous for ? Use to be the Grand Canyon, currently it would be immigration woes.

7-Favorite vacation spot ?it's always been visiting family, dream vacation would be to take a riverboat cruise on the Mississippi

8-Do you collect anything ( not counting YARN ) ? Have a nice collection of antique, leather bound books (the Classics) but most fun collection is bookmarks.

9-Favorite meal ? Unfortunately, I haven't found a food I wouldn't eat.

10-Favorite TV show OR movie ? TV shows = all reality shows but especially the Housewives of everywhere, Big Brother, Grey's Anatomy. Movie = Dances with Wolves

Another fun project from Julie. Love it!! My answers are in bold print.

1-Favorite thing to crochet -Baby things and little one day projects mostly

2-Do you like to read,and if so, what types of books ?all kinds of books,fiction,non fiction

3-What other crafts do you enjoy ?plastic canvas,sewing,needlework

4-How many siblings do you have ?Have 3 sisters and 1 brother, 10 children 6 boys and 4 girls ranging from 26 to 2 1/2yrs.Only 3 living with me now 2 boys 6 and 4 and girl 2 1/2, Grandma to 5, 2 boys and 3 girls[/color]

5-How many different states have you lived in ?calif,PA,Mich.Az

6-What is your current state famous for ?grand canyon

7-Favorite vacation spot ?disneyland

8-Do you collect anything ( not counting YARN ) ?angels,bunnies

9-Favorite meal ?chinese fried house special rice

10-Favorite TV show OR movie ?TV medium,all the paranormal shows.Movie true lies hahaha love that part where jamie lee curtis is trying to dance on the pole

Good morning Housemates! It's partly cloudy and partly sunny here today. What am I doing today? I'm not sure yet. What I SHOULD do is work on the quilt for mom. I'm more in the mood to work on my shawl. Maybe I'll rotate back and forth between them. I've been mostly cleaning and straightening this week, so don't have a lot to show, but I did take a picture of the start of my shawl so that will be my posting for Photo Friday.

post-9295-135897530063_thumb.jpg

For Julie's questionaire:

1) My favorite things to crochet are prayer shawls and preemie afghans followed by quiltghans and round ripples.

2) I love to read. First choice is science fantasy/fiction, then mysteries, historical fiction, historical romances, westerns, and some scary stuff.

3) Other crafts include quilting, counted cross-stitch, embroidery, sewing clothes and other things for the home.

4) I have two younger brothers. Gary is 2 1/2 years younger and Michael is 5 years younger.

5) I've lived in 3 different states. I grew up in Iowa. Spent most of my adult life in Minnesota and the last 7 1/2 years here in Georgia.

6) Georgia is known for its peaches and pecans, the Atlanta Falcons, the Atlanta Braves, the Atlanta Aquarium, our international airport, and having part of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

7) My favorite vacation spot is a cabin in the woods on a lake.

8) I collect dragons, oriental statues, and oriental paintings. I also have several special liquor sets, saki sets, and oriental tea sets.

9) My favorite meal would have to be Chinese food starting with hot & sour soup;house fried rice; a main dish with shrimp, scallops, chicken and veggies in a brown sauce; and almond ice cream and a fortune cookie.

10) My all time favorite movie has to be 'The Sound of Music'. Favorite TV shows include Survivor, H***'s Kitchen, Top Chef, Top Chef Masters, and Project Runway.

Hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend. :manyheart

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Wanda ~ Your afghan is lovely! :clap That is a huge accomplishment and a wonderful gift.

Tabby ~ Yay for good news! :hug I'm so glad Doa is okay. :)

Hi Shay ~ We miss you and hope things get better really soon. :manyheart And we miss seeing your beautiful work...the colors for your ripple sound so pretty.

Julie ~ Good for you! I think most administraters/managers want to hear about problems and I'm proud of you for telling them. :yes

Marlene ~ Enjoy the sunshine! Looking forward to seeing your RR. :hook

Sheila ~ Way to go on getting the stitches out. :) I'm such a chicken when it comes to things like that. :lol

Joanne ~ I never understand when people don't show up or at least call! Enjoy your weekend before the 12 day work week!

Linda ~ Another beautiful shawl! :cheer Love the colors!

We're supposed to have heavy storms later and it looks like it could pour right now. Today is catch up day for me - desk, laundry, etc. I couldn't find what I wanted yesterday (for the yard), but did have a quick visit with DD and the little guy. :c9

Hello Housemates :clap

It's been a week since I posted. Sorry to be MIA but I went into a weird funk. Had myself a nice little pity party and then a real good talking to. Put on my big girl (really big girl, aka parachute panties :rofl) and told myself to get over it. Spent late last night reading a weeks worth of posts from y'all and realized that I was not the only one who had a MDMD (Mother's Day Melt Down) :hug and compared to some of the problems others here are going thru, mine are insignificant. I missed you all :manyheart

Here are the photos from last week.

Round ripple baby afghan in JoAnn's Sensation Boucle yarn

Scarf knitted in feather and fan, Herrshcners Mohair yarn.

I will post this week's picture next. :hook

post-33556-135897530101_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897530104_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897530107_thumb.jpg

post-33556-13589753011_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Julie! It's really fun to read everyone's answers.

1-Favorite thing to crochet -

2-Do you like to read,and if so, what types of books ? Mysteries; Biographies

3-What other crafts do you enjoy ? I used to Quilt and do Cross Stitch...crochet is about it right now.

4-How many siblings do you have ? 2 older sisters and 1 younger brother

5-How many different states have you lived in ? Iowa and Texas

6-What is your current state famous for ? Oil Wells, Football...

7-Favorite vacation spot ? Port Aransas, Texas

8-Do you collect anything ( not counting YARN ) ? Teapots...I have way too many.

9-Favorite meal ? Anything with cream gravy; Mexican Food

10-Favorite TV show OR movie ? NCIS and I still love I Love Lucy reruns :lol

Hello again,

The picture for this week is the completed Citrus Grove Nightmare. Put on your sunglasses it is bright! :yes

(Notice my tumbleweeds in the background) :D

post-33556-135897530118_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897530121_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897530125_thumb.jpg

Hi Diane ~ I'm sorry you've had a rough time lately...glad you're feeling better!:manyheart

Your work is beautiful! I love the colors in the RR and scarf...and didn't need sunglasses for the Citrus Grove. ;) That is such a great pattern!

Hello Housemates :clap

It's been a week since I posted. Sorry to be MIA but I went into a weird funk. Had myself a nice little pity party and then a real good talking to. Put on my big girl (really big girl, aka parachute panties :rofl) and told myself to get over it. Spent late last night reading a weeks worth of posts from y'all and realized that I was not the only one who had a MDMD (Mother's Day Melt Down) :hug and compared to some of the problems others here are going thru, mine are insignificant. I missed you all :manyheart

Here are the photos from last week.

Round ripple baby afghan in JoAnn's Sensation Boucle yarn

Scarf knitted in feather and fan, Herrshcners Mohair yarn.

I will post this week's picture next. :hook

:hug :hug :hug We've missed you Diane. Glad you're back. Your RR and scarf are gorgeous!

Hello again,

The picture for this week is the completed Citrus Grove Nightmare. Put on your sunglasses it is bright! :yes

(Notice my tumbleweeds in the background) :D

I love the Citrus Grove Nightmare. It's bright but very, very cheerful. I'm sure the doc will be thrilled with it.

And now: Huge hugs to you ladies! :hug :hug :hug I just went down to get the paper and mail and found a box for me from Julie. I am bowled over by the afghan, cards and gifts. I shed tears of happiness. The afghan is absolutely beautiful. I've helped make these for others, but never been the recipient before. It is awesome to have such good friends. I will treasure it always and I feel so loved. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :hug :hug :hug I'll take a picture in a bit. Right now I'm just going to wrap up in it and enjoy it. :manyheart

Hey Julie,:clap

I am loving your questionaire today. It shouldn't be a surprise that we all seem to have similar interests. I guess that is why we all found our way here.

Linda~Just get all cozy in that afghan and feel the love!! :hug

Starting a new afghan today. :hook This one will be for another nephew. Colors are red, black and heather gray. Worked in eight strips. Then may also start a new scarf. :crocheting I practice my knitting on these because they are small and usually only one ball of yarn, so no big loss if it turns out crappy. :devil

During this last week I managed to get some flowers and herbs planted. Poppies, sunflowers, cosmos and wild flowers. Parsley, chives, thyme, lemon basil, Italian basil, Thai basil and something called Opal Basil. Have no idea what it is like but it was included in the packets.:think

DH finally got our shed painted. It needed to be done before monsoon season hits. Have to start buying paint for the house next. Currently, he is replacing a bad ceiling light fixture in the kitchen. Not a happy camper so I am getting out of here. Need to stay out of his way. :eek

Catch you all later.

TAB

How did you like Kansas ? What does it look like out there ? I picture fields of corn,and flat land .. I've never been there ,so just guessing .

I have a cousin who was stationed out there at the Air force base for several years. He recently retired and bought a houe out there. They love it .

Sherri-

did you guys get flooded in your area when the stors went through ?

and what 7 states did you live in ,which one did you like best ?

Andd what type SYRUP do you use on chocolate pancakes with chocolate chips ?

Sheila- -

You certainly must have a houseful on Christmas don't you ?

I was reading your post wrong about your favorite food, I thought it said Chinese HOUSE MICE .

I was gonna say . GROSS !!!!!

And do you believe in ghosts since you like them shows ? I DO .

Linda

Your shawl color is beautiful !!!!!

Could you tell this Hilljack what the difference is between a saki set, liquor set,and tea set ?

All I have is coffee cups,and we don't drink coffee . They are BIG,so I use them for ice cream.

(Speaking of... almond ice cream sounds REALLY good . )

Archived