Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hey Jude

I'm ok ... kinda bored today ... maybe spring fever ? Just one of them days when you wanna DO something, but you don't quite know what ?

Maybe it's time to pull out some yarn and begin a new project .

Marlene,

Thanks for the airplane advice. I honestly have no clue WHY I am afraid of planes . Always have been .

I know if I did it once,maybe I wouldnt be afraid any longer, but I am so petrified of it, I don't think I could get on the plane. I would have a meltdown right in the airport .

Hope you can share a photo of Maya's sweater when it is ready ! It sounds pretty .

And yea, we'll probably do skype or some such setup to keep in touch --- costs big bucks to call that far and talk long , and their phone doesn't offer service over there so they have to check into phone service deals over there to here .

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone. Still working on 63 square sampler. Added another row...thats 4/9. I have 12 more squares to make. One of these days.................

Didn't think there was any need to post pic since not a lot more than last week done.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Hey, we love pictures even when there isn't any progress!

Baby wash cloths...

And 2 of the 5 strips I need to finish the baby ghan

WOW! Very nice!

The grass will be the last to come in...and in 3 weeks or so we can get flowers:D

It's going to look great, Judy.

Again, the grass seed needs time to sprout...and the rain today will help!

It'll be so pretty.

Okay. I finally finished at 2:15 this morning. Put it in to wash and went to be. Got up this morning and took pictures and wrapped it up and it will soon be on it's way. John and Kim will be pulling out in a few minutes. That's Miss Kim snuggled underneath it. It's on their queen-sized bed.

post-9295-135897522351_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897522354_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897522346_thumb.jpg

Linda~ wow, awesome flannelghan!

Here are the only projects that I completed this week. I started a few others, but ran out of thread, so these were my quicky fill ins.

I tested the 2 for 1 baby bootie pattern for Alisha. Both designs were from the same pattern. The first pics are of the testing part and the other 2 are after embellishing.

post-6187-135897522363_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897522366_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897522369_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897522372_thumb.jpg

Morning House, Sorry that I have no pictures to contribute to Photo Friday and I'm hoping I can go back to my regular routine of crocheting and knitting this week-end and for the coming week. I'm really looking forward to it.

Judy - I love the landscaping. Your yard look very relaxing especially I can see you sitting on those red chairs crocheting away in the fresh air. I love to read but I have never read Huckberry Finn, but I am a reader of Jane Austen's books. Nice baby washcloths and I love how the baby'ghan is coming out, very nice work.

Julie - I love that castle'ghan it is really beautiful. I know it is a lot of work but you are doing it and getting it done. Sometime planning a new project do help getting me out of being bored, so maybe it will help to start a new project. I know I can't wait to finish the knitted blanket so I can plan somethingh new.

Tralee - Nice baby booties.

Cindy - I'm glad that you are feeling better today. :hug

It is a grey looking day here in New Jersey, but being able to work on my crafts will bring the sunshine into my day.

To the rest of the house have a great day. :manyheart

Linda - I just posted and when I look there was a picture of your beautiful ghan so I had to post again to let you know how beautiful it is. What a nice gift to receive. :crocheting

Tralee- such cute baby booties ! Thanks for sharing your photos !

Cheeria- always good to hear from you . I hope this weekend and coming week will be quieter for you so you can get more done on your projects .

Don't feel bad, we all have those weeks!

Thanks for the comments on my castle .

Sheila- very cute dainty baby dress- it almost looks like that would match with some of Tralee's booties !

Linda~ wow, awesome flannelghan!

Here are the only projects that I completed this week. I started a few others, but ran out of thread, so these were my quicky fill ins.

I tested the 2 for 1 baby bootie pattern for Alisha. Both designs were from the same pattern. The first pics are of the testing part and the other 2 are after embellishing.

Tralee, they are adorable

And thanks, Julie, Tralee, and Cheeria. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks, ladies:hook

Cheeria, I hope you have a better week so you can play with your hook more.

Hey Jude

I'm ok ... kinda bored today ... maybe spring fever ? Just one of them days when you wanna DO something, but you don't quite know what ?

Maybe it's time to pull out some yarn and begin a new project .

Sounds like a plan! That would work for me:devil

Okay. I finally finished at 2:15 this morning. Put it in to wash and went to be. Got up this morning and took pictures and wrapped it up and it will soon be on it's way. John and Kim will be pulling out in a few minutes. That's Miss Kim snuggled underneath it. It's on their queen-sized bed.

[ATTACH]19369[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19371[/ATTACH]

That's gorgeous!!!! And I can't imagine how hard you must have had to look to find a box big enough for it:lol

They're so cute!!:c9

Here is little baby dress that I made yesterday.finally accomplished something :lol this week

Very pretty and dainty!:clap

All afternoon without a post:eek

Just saying hi - didn't even finish my small project yet, though I'm close. Kind of a a lazy day for me.

I DID go to the public library and pick up our neighborhood book club pick for next month, the Huckleberry Finn book. While I was checking out I saw "Dropped Dead Stitch" (a mystery, with knitting as a common thread throughout) and took that, too. It's a 7 day book, so I guess I'll be reading this weekend:lol

BBL:hug:manyheart

before the front of the house was trimmed up

Joanne...if you want hard working landscapers let me know!

Judy- Yes, I would! We have a few things that need to be done- and they did a great job!!!

Ok, let's see if I can remember everything I just read and looked at -:lol

Judy- your washcloths and the ghan are beautiful! As is your yard- I love the red chairs out front- I would love to have a front porch like that!:yes. I never read Huck Finn! I think I'll do some reading this weekend too- I'm in the middle of a Jodi Piccoult book called Handle with Care. I get so caught up in crocheting, that I forget to read. :lol

Linda- The flannel'ghan is awesome!:manyheart Love the color combo and I'm sure the lucky couple is absolutely going to love it!!! Enjoy your weekend to yourself!!!

Tralee- the baby booties are adorable! Love the embellishments that you put on them.:)

Sheila- The baby dress is really cute!!:)

Cindy- Hope you feel better and get a chance to relax this weekend.:hug

Cheeria- Did you get a chance to do some crafting today? it was gray all day, but never rained- I hope this doesn't mean it's coming tomorrow!

Julie- Did you decide to do a new project or plug along on the castle'ghan? I'm getting a little bored with the large granny, but I'll plug along with it tonight while I'm watching the Devils game. :devil

Hope I didn't miss anyone that posted a pic- but if I did blame it on a tired brain after working all week!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Sheila, the baby dress is adorable.

I really like your large granny ghan, JoAnne.

I had lunch with Rosie and John, my next door neighbors, got my nails done, and ran a bunch of errands. I'm now ready to kick back and work on the next prayer shawl. The recipient is in need of it ASAP. :hook

I'm going to post my pic of the large granny and then go back and read all of today's posts!

That's so pretty!! Is it lapghan size?

Judy- Yes, I would! We have a few things that need to be done- and they did a great job!!!

I'll PM you with the name and number. He's based in Colts Neck, but I'm sure Old Bridge is part of his territory - we see his signs all over.

Judy- your washcloths and the ghan are beautiful! As is your yard- I love the red chairs out front- I would love to have a front porch like that!:yes. I never read Huck Finn! I think I'll do some reading this weekend too- I'm in the middle of a Jodi Piccoult book called Handle with Care. I get so caught up in crocheting, that I forget to read. :lol

Thanks! And it's such a deep porch we needed to put something there. We sit out front sometimes, but the back yard is so much more private that's where we gravitate.

I forget to read, too, because of my addiction to hooking, and now knitting...but I need to do more reading to keep my brain sharp!!

I had lunch with Rosie and John, my next door neighbors, got my nails done, and ran a bunch of errands. I'm now ready to kick back and work on the next prayer shawl. The recipient is in need of it ASAP. :hook

Have a good, relaxing evening, Linda - you deserve it!

'nite, ladies...off to watch the Yankees and finish the bookmark I've been working on. I do like the wooden handled #7 hook I've been using - I bought it a while ago and this is the first time I've used it.

CU all tomorrow morning,:hug:manyheart

Hey gang

Boy it's been kinda sluggish in here the last couple of days. We need some action of some type, but UI don't know what .

Anyhow, thanks to those who posted photos-

Joanne- I really like your large granny. I'm sorta tempted to start something like that now -- I'm not sure yet, but am having a REAL struggle to get this castle ghan finished up .

Getting really tired of small squares needing sewn together .

I think I'm in need of something simple -- either a ripple, large granny or something along that line .

Not sure just what but something that I can just do the same exact thing on, over and over with no making small pieces and sewing them together .

I've been doing some looking around to see what catches my eye .

Hey gang

Boy it's been kinda sluggish in here the last couple of days. We need some action of some type, but UI don't know what .

Anyhow, thanks to those who posted photos-

Joanne- I really like your large granny. I'm sorta tempted to start something like that now -- I'm not sure yet, but am having a REAL struggle to get this castle ghan finished up .

Getting really tired of small squares needing sewn together .

I think I'm in need of something simple -- either a ripple, large granny or something along that line .

Not sure just what but something that I can just do the same exact thing on, over and over with no making small pieces and sewing them together .

I've been doing some looking around to see what catches my eye .

Hi, Jules!

I know what you mean!! I DO have a RR I started for the Nursing Home....maybe a few rounds of that will get my mojo back up and going.

Later...ballgame is on!:D

Julie- I chuckled at your post! Why do you think I started the large granny?:lol:lol Simple, same thing over and over and over!!!:yes

Judy- Go Yankees! I'll be watching the Devils tonight- and flipping to the Yankees during commercial break. It's really a little bit chilly for baseball tonight so not sure how they'll do! I'm watching now- and waiting for the Devils to start

Linda- Nice that you pampered yourself with a manicure.

DH brought pizza home for dinner- Yum!

I'm going to work on the large granny tonight and hoping to finish it tomorrow. And yes, Judy it's a large lapghan size. And tonight since it's so chilly I don't mind it on my lap as I work on it!

:whew…………. Good evening family………..

Wow… what a busy day! I’m finally home from running errands with hubby all day!

Hubby is off now with Patrick for baseball practice. While Patrick practices.. Ken will work more on the bleachers! We should have another bleacher done tonight. That will be two done! :woo

Julie………… WOW………. That Castle Quilt’ghan is coming out awesome! ^5 on getting your 4x4xFriday done!

Cheeria……. :hi I’m glad to here your daughter is feeling better. Hope you get some time to play in your yarn this weekend.

Oh Cindy……….. sweetie… I’m sorry your weren’t feeling well..... :hug I’m glad you’re a bit better today!

Joanne…….. :hi .. Wow………. That granny afghan is coming out wonderful!!!

:yay …….. Linda……. That Flannel’ghan came out absolutely wonderful! I love it!!!

Oh Judy……….. those baby cloths are great… and my goodness… that baby’ghan is coming out GREAT. I love your yard pics! Very beautiful!

Tralee……… those booties are just too precious!

Sheila……….. that little dress is so sweet!!!

:heart

:mug

Well.......... I did it............ 4x4xFriday.

This is the first set of saltines in the Spool of Thread Quilt'ghan I'm making.

post-18634-135897522758_thumb.jpg

and here is a very special hook case for my ever so special Jimbo "HomeRun" hook.

post-18634-135897522764_thumb.jpg

This is a Chicken potholder & dishcloth set I made...

post-18634-135897522768_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Archived