Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good job on your FG Linda--

wow, time has gone quickly. when you first mentioned making it, it sounded like you'd have a REAL long time to make it, but now the time is almost here !

I must live in a fog ... it seemed like it'd be like 6 months away !

Maybe that's one of your other items -- I know you have several in the works that have deadlines .

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

Wow- I got in my car after work and while driving home the temperature was 93 degrees! :hotWhat!!:eek This is April, not July!! :lol

Marissa- Have fun at Hobby Lobby- my co-worker brought me a skein of I love this cotton- it's great- and I do love it! :c9

She went to the HL in Easton. One of these weekends I'm going to take a drive out there! How was the sixers game last night?

Linda- wow- you got a lot done on the flannel'ghan:clap Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Julie- I like your tips about the notebook to remember everyone/everything- Of course, as I'm sitting here on my chair with the laptop, I don't have a pencil or a notebook near me now and I'm being lazy and don't want to get up!

Since I work all day, I check in the morning b/4 work and then when I get home- there's a lot to remember!!! And this is what I'm usually doing-:think now who was it that said that??? :lol

Judy-Yes, Joba looked great.:clap He belongs in the bullpen- he's a natural for it-go out and throw heat and not think- I hope they don't mess with him again this year!

Dee-Dee- welcome to the house!

Cindy- sorry the weather didn't cooperate for you on your day off- but there's always things to be done inside- although my favorite inside activity is sitting with my hook and yarn! Hope you had a good one nonetheless!

LeeAnna- I checked out the hippo on the LB site- I can't wait to see yours! I've never made any ami's.

Brenda- sorry about the frogging/cutting out- been there done that- as have we all I'm sure-! You'll be glad that you did though. How's it coming along?

DH and I had ice-cream:icecream for dinner tonight:lol- He called and said what's for dinner? I said I feel like ice-cream- (half jokingly) and we went to get sundaes- buy one get one free- YUMMY!!!!

Well, I guess i better tackle that yarn barf so I can finish the round on the large granny

Have a good night everyone!

Hi House :)

Just a question to see if we have any interested parties in this :

How many of you would like to be a part of a simple dishcloth exchange ?

It can be any pattern, knit or crocheted . You will only be signed up with ONE partner ,for ONE dishcloth .

The cost would be minimal to MAKE and to MAIL .

You could be the proud owner of a handmade dishcloth from one of your friends here in the House .

If you are interested , just post your comment below ,and we'll make up a list to see if we get a nice -sized group ,then go from there .

Thanks ! :yarn:yay:yarn:yay:yarn:yay

I have part of the last block on strip 5 to do and then it's on to strip six. With luck I'll have it done by the end of the weekend. The next project with a deadline is mom's Mother's day/birthday quilt. Her birthday is May 20th. I still haven't cut the first strip or taken the first stitch on it, but it's planned out. First the flannelghan. :lol :lol :lol

Jules...I'd like to participate in the dishcloth swap!! I'll crochet mine....or the recipient will have a long wait:lol

Joanne....yup, 90 degrees today is way too early for NJ...but wait 2 days for our normal temp for this time of year: it'll be 53 on Saturday:lol

Enjoy the Yankee game! I don't think they'll mess with Joba...they have enough starters, for one thing...and I think the fans will revolt esp after seeing how good he is coming out of the pen!

Off to watch the first pitch of the game...

CU all tomorrow!:hug:manyheart

Count me in on the dishcloth list...it's been a good long while since I've been involved in a swap...

Julie, I'd be interested in a dishcloth swap too. Mine would most likely be crocheted too.

Its still pouring here, and the weather report still calls for some snow tomorrow.

And in other news, I think my computer has bit the dust. I can't get it to finish the start process. I suspect dh will go out and buy me a new one, because otherwise I'll be on his!

I'm sitting here alternately knitting a blue dishcloth or crocheting a green one. Knitting hurts my hands after a while, so I started a crocheted one.

I'm going to say good night. I have to work tomorrow and it is my grandsons birthday so we are going over there for dinner.

Thanks LeAnna & Cindy-

Got your names down on the list !

Cindy- have fun at the birthday party tomorrow,and good luck on computer shopping .. Hope your hubby finds you one shortly,so you will have your own that works again.

Oh,, wow, Linda

so you actually had 2 big ones due close to the same time !!!

Are you making the FGsuper-sized this time, or following the pattern size ?

My mom's and Cam's birthday are both May 15th !

The flannelghan is another super-sized one, but the border won't be as wide on this one.

Yarn barf untangled! 3 more rows of the large granny done.

Julie- I had a soft vanilla sundae with hot fudge and whipped cream with a cherry on top! It really was good!

I'd be interested in the dishcloth swap- mine will be crocheted!

Back to my regularly scheduled Yankee game and the granny ghan.

Cya in the AM!

post-2629-135897520694_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897520698_thumb.jpg

Here's the Hippo...I'm not very good at embroidery, so all my animal faces are always a bit off...been like that for over 20 years...but she's done and next Tuesday she will go to live with River Sophia...really cute, I like her...might have to make myself a hippo...

Hope you like. I am so tired...I am off to bed...getting up early tomorrow to go visit my sister in law and my niece and nephew...

Good morning Happy House!

LeAnna- your hippo is just too cute!!

Hope everyone has a nice day today and I'll be back later after work.

I'm a tad sleepy this morning- the game went to 10 innings- but it was worth a little less sleep since the Yankees won! We'll see how I feel after work though! LOL

Cya on the flip side!

Good morning , LeAnna-

you are already probably in bed fast asleep -- looks like your post was late last night .

Love your hippo--especially the little ruffly diaper-bottom !!!

And good morning Joanne !

I'm glad you enjoyed the game last night. We don't watch a lot of baseball --but it sounds like we do have a few people in the group that love it-- so it'll be entertaining with you guys cheering for opposite teams .

Hope you're not too tired today after being up so late .

[ATTACH]19094[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19095[/ATTACH]

Here's the Hippo...I'm not very good at embroidery, so all my animal faces are always a bit off...been like that for over 20 years...but she's done and next Tuesday she will go to live with River Sophia...really cute, I like her...might have to make myself a hippo...

Hope you like. I am so tired...I am off to bed...getting up early tomorrow to go visit my sister in law and my niece and nephew...

Oh, I love it!:cheer:clap It's really cute....the little girl is going to squal, grab it and hug it to death....:c9

I finished my Love Knot Symphony this week, then started Princess of Twilight, both from Crochet Garden.

That's beautiful!!!:cheer:clap

Well, good morning to all...and Joanne, I join you in being sleep-deprived, but happy!

Cindy, have a wonderful time tonight:manyheart

Archived