Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Thanks Linda

Yea, this place seems more like home than any of the other areas -- probably because we've all been in here for so long ! Sometimes I think we're gonna blow up their legal limits of messages on the boards --we have a pile of them don't we ?

I'll get through this. I am normally tough and NEVER cry . I mean NEVER . Tough as nails .

This week, though, I've lost it 3 times . That just isn't like me . I'm not and never have been the sort to break down over stuff . I was taught to handle things and be brave .

I think it's just because I'm so tired and have been struggling to breathe ...it makes you tired when you can't get enough air in . You're tired when you get up, then by the time you get a bath and dressed, you are exhausted . THEN you have a whole day to get through .

I don't know, maybe I'll snap out of it once they figure out the cause . I am just real discouraged right now .

thanks for the backup guys ... I'll snap out of it . I just need to get it out and then I'll be able to get tough again .

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This place is where i always feel at home to...i don't post as much as you all do because i never know what to say(just my shy nature) but i do feel welcome no matter what....so yea the happy House is my home and i always come back :hug

I went through that to Julie with the Mammogram...called me back a dozen times to do scans and MRIs and me in such a mess that by the time they told me it was just a clogged milk duct i was ready to hide for life(this is when my Agoraphobia started)....one day my DH even found me in the closet crying my eyes out.It gets to the point where you put off Doc appoints because you are afraid of what they will say,they really need a better way of talking to you.So you cry all you want if it helps you deal :hug

Hi Shay ~ Have you finished your ripple for the Games? Can't wait to see it! :yes

Hi Mary...i got it done yesterday....i couldn't get good photos on my bed because my room is so dark so i threw it over the sofa.I'm going to be pulling my drapes down next week to wash them so will try to get good photos then.

254 STs by 135 rows.Whew am i glad its done :woo

post-3370-135897508284_thumb.jpg

Thanks Shay

Yea, I know the WAITING to find things out is always much worse . Once you hear the answer, you know what you are facing and can deal with it. The waiting,though is a killer .

Now.... on to other stuff. I need to get in another gear today. Cam is coming ,so no moping when he is here .

I must say Shay,and I TRULY mean this :

I LOVE ripples and have seen a boatload of them ,but yours is absolutely the prettiest one I have ever seen . Those colors together just match up so perfectly .

Are you keeping this for yourself ? I sure hope so, because you deserve a nice afghan .

Shay, that's beautiful!!!!:clap:clap

Did you use the random stripe generator someladies have used? If you didn't....you did an absolutely awesome job!

Hi Mary...i got it done yesterday....i couldn't get good photos on my bed because my room is so dark so i threw it over the sofa.I'm going to be pulling my drapes down next week to wash them so will try to get good photos then.

254 STs by 135 rows.Whew am i glad its done :woo

WOW!!!! That is absolutely gorgeous! WOW!!!!!

Good morning everyone. Kim's mom and a friend are coming up for a visit today. They are due in about noon and then we'll be going out to lunch. Not sure where yet. I'll just have to be careful at lunch and the rest of the day.

I'm on the home stretch on my flannelghan. Just two more border rounds to go and hiding all the tails. It'll be about 80" by 80". Nice and generous on a double bed and okay on a queen. Last night I went to sleep with my hands enclosed in a heating pad, they were so sore. They are much better today.

Hope everyone has a great day. More later. :manyheart

Hi Ladies! It's been a crazy day at our house today...unexpected visitors, my computer was totally messed up due to Zoe sleeping on the keyboard, and now we're getting ready to meet DD and her DH for dinner.

Shay ~ Your ripple ghan is absolutely gorgeous! :cheer I agree with Julie - it's the prettiest one I've ever seen.

Linda ~ Way to go for finishing your flannelghan! I hope your hands feel better soon. :yes

Julie ~ I'm so sorry you're going through so much right now. We're here for you. :hug

Hi to those I've missed. Better get dressed for dinner. Have a good evening. :manyheart

Hi guys

Just a quick check in. Cam has been here today and getting ready to go home . Not able to keep him overnight this week , just too beat .

I'm glad I got to spend the day with him ,even though we didn't do a lot other than watch movies and hang out together .

Hope everyone is ok in here today .

Will stop in tomorrow and post more. I did get a few more squares made for my Cam-ghan while watching Goosebumps movies .

Talk tomorrow

We had a wonderful dinner! It's the first time I've felt like going anywhere and felt like I wasn't going to spread germs. It was a belated birthday dinner for DH...the big 65 was last Tuesday. Man, is he old! :lol

Julie ~ I have so much to learn...what are Goosebumps movies? :D

This afternoon, I joined the rest of my squares. So tomorrow it's back to making more. Joining from the bottom is just wrong (for me) ;). I need to decide on the wall tile color, so I can work from the top now.

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Morning ladies

Time to rise and shine .

Mary- I'm glad you had an enjoyable dinner last night -- it sounds like fun. Did you get something tasty ? Any CAKE ?

Goosebumps movies are made from a series of books also called the same - they are for kids, probably about aged 8-10 ? I'm guessing ,I don't know the exact ages, but they have lots of books in the set. They are all like little ghost type stories.Not very scarey ,just made for little kids so they are a little scarey .

Yesterday we watched one about a mummy that comes to life and one about a shrunken head that talks . Kinda like me, only I have a big head .

I did manage to get a few saltines done while watching these movies, which don't take full concentration to keep up with the story .

I'll have to share a little funny something with you guys regarding Linda's design for Cam-- I got a thank you card for Cam to make for Linda for her making his castle design for his quilt-ghan .

I told him all about her while he was working on his card,and he insisted she has GOT to have tattoos if she likes castles and pirates, so she currently will be receiving an envelope full of tattoos in the mail. He asked if she would wear them and I promptly informed him that she would .

SO...we now will have Linda looking like the TATOOED LADY at the circus , thanks to Cam .

PS --- Linda- hope you don't mind -- he kept the one with the skull,snake & scorpion .

Mary - you're funny! I tease Phil about his age - he'll turn 65 in July - while I remind him that I don't have any gray hair yet...

unless you catch me before a touch-up:lol

...and about these ghans: if I don't work from the middle out, I work from the top, down. Less confusing for me.

I'm about half finished with one block...taking time to work on another squares project now.:hook

Morning Jude !!

Keeping warm and dry over there or are you in a snow tunnel some place ? I'm beginning to think it's going to soon cover our wndows and doors ..

Criminiy !!!!

Temp is above freezing, which is helping it all melt...but it freezes at night...and I worry when Phil has to go on the road early in the day (black ice...)

NY has had over 50 inches this winter...a record,

Morning ladies

Time to rise and shine .

Mary- I'm glad you had an enjoyable dinner last night -- it sounds like fun. Did you get something tasty ? Any CAKE ?

Goosebumps movies are made from a series of books also called the same - they are for kids, probably about aged 8-10 ? I'm guessing ,I don't know the exact ages, but they have lots of books in the set. They are all like little ghost type stories.Not very scarey ,just made for little kids so they are a little scarey .

Yesterday we watched one about a mummy that comes to life and one about a shrunken head that talks . Kinda like me, only I have a big head .

I did manage to get a few saltines done while watching these movies, which don't take full concentration to keep up with the story .

I'll have to share a little funny something with you guys regarding Linda's design for Cam-- I got a thank you card for Cam to make for Linda for her making his castle design for his quilt-ghan .

I told him all about her while he was working on his card,and he insisted she has GOT to have tattoos if she likes castles and pirates, so she currently will be receiving an envelope full of tattoos in the mail. He asked if she would wear them and I promptly informed him that she would .

SO...we now will have Linda looking like the TATOOED LADY at the circus , thanks to Cam .

PS --- Linda- hope you don't mind -- he kept the one with the skull,snake & scorpion .

I don't mind. And I'll wear those tattoos proudly. They'll go with the ones I already have (3).

Temp is above freezing, which is helping it all melt...but it freezes at night...and I worry when Phil has to go on the road early in the day (black ice...)

NY has had over 50 inches this winter...a record,

WOW!!!! Over 50 inches of snow! :eek

Good afternoon. I finished the crocheting on my flannelghan today and now just have to hide all the tails.

Jude

Holy smokes,50 inches ! I have no clue how much we've had. It seems like it's been snowing 50 years, though. I forget what GRASS looks like .

Linda- you are a good sport about the tattoos . Cam will be tickled to hear you'll wear them . He likes hearing me tell him about you guys.He's like me, he's a talker and likes talking about anything ,so he's definitely good at carrying on a conversation .

Afternoon Ladies!!

Ive been busy cleaning out my yarn closet and have realized that i have hundreds of saltines...no really....i have hundreds from where i have started projects and then didn't like the color or style.....hundreds from testinging....soooo what i think im going to to is take the lose ones and the ones that are sewed together and take them apart and then use them all to make one big quilt in all the different colors....maybe 8x8 or 10x10 blocks with a black row around them...that should clean out about 4 buckets and the bags.It will be alot of work taking apart the ones that are already sewed together but atleast they will get used.,.Let me go see if i can graph the idea.

Ok here is what im thinking....this is just a basic idea of what i thinking!!

post-3370-135897508986_thumb.jpg

Shay that's a wonderful idea!! I have odds and ends of saltines I've been making from little balls of leftovers ...what a wonderful way to use them! You can just keep making the ghan bigger and bigger!

Yep :yes thats what i was thinking too and it will use all those saltines and little balls....i was just sitting here rewinding all my little balls that have gotten unwound and tangled.Then i have a ton of little triangles from all the Prairie Stars that i started....im really pretty excited about this :hyper

Yep :yes thats what i was thinking too and it will use all those saltines and little balls....i was just sitting here rewinding all my little balls that have gotten unwound and tangled.Then i have a ton of little triangles from all the Prairie Stars that i started....im really pretty excited about this :hyper

Have fun! We'll love seeing your progress!

Hi Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Congratulations on finishing before the closing ceremonies! :yay

Shay ~ A "scrap" quilt ghan is a great idea! The black bordering the blocks will be perfect. :hook

Hi Julie ~ Thanks for explaining Goosebumps! I need to start going through all our books. I have lots of children's books from my childhood and DD's upstairs that I haven't looked at in way too long. :think

Hi Judy!

Very little time for crocheting today, but I did make a few squares and hope to make more this evening. :yes

Afternoon Ladies!!

Ive been busy cleaning out my yarn closet and have realized that i have hundreds of saltines...no really....i have hundreds from where i have started projects and then didn't like the color or style.....hundreds from testinging....soooo what i think im going to to is take the lose ones and the ones that are sewed together and take them apart and then use them all to make one big quilt in all the different colors....maybe 8x8 or 10x10 blocks with a black row around them...that should clean out about 4 buckets and the bags.It will be alot of work taking apart the ones that are already sewed together but atleast they will get used.,.Let me go see if i can graph the idea.

Ok here is what im thinking....this is just a basic idea of what i thinking!!

What a great idea, Shay! It should be wonderful!

Hi, Mary! How are you feeling today?

Hi, Judy and Julie!

Anyone know when Dusti gets back from Hawaii? I hope she's having a wonderful time.

I've got to go hide tails now.

Archived