Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

baricrazi - you got it - it's a reverse single crochet. and you do it by going around the opposite way. it comes out really cool - it loks like rope and it's a nice tough stitch.

croshay - the 16 point ripple is the 8 point star. it got so big that I added an extra set of points to it cuz it was 'doofy' lookin'.

smiley face - the border is made with 2 strands also. I can't wait to see it!

I'm taking the hint about the pics - I'm trying so hard to get it finished. Mom's birthday is next Monday and it takes 3 days to ship. It'll be finished tonight if it kills me (I hope)

rev sc/crabstitch - don't pull it too tight or you'll end up with a bunched up finished product. I'd really suggest a practice swatch just till you get the hang of it.

time to finish up here at the ville and finish this afghan! btw - it used 2 full POUNDS of red!!!!!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I have one strip left to go but I think I may add two more strips to make even larger. It seems to be much longer than it is wide so I think I may add two more strips to make it wider. I can do about two strips a day so it should only extend it by a day.

Greg, I'm still not sure what size I'm going to make mine. I started out planning to make it king-size, but it's so thick/heavy that I think it might be too bulky if it's that big. I guess I'll just work on it 'til I get tired of it. :lol

Please post pics if you can.

I think I may just start this as my next project...

I was at my inlaws last week for a funeral (DH's uncle passed) and I was working on a Project Linus blankey. I was caught admiring another blankie at the church by my FIL and he asked when I was making him one. Well, both FIL and MIL have a b-day in October. I think this pattern would look great in their LR. It's great that it is huge too, as my FIL is well over 6' tall (DH is 6'7"!) I'll post a pic of the colors as soon as I choose.

Peace and hugs to all!

Thanks so much!!!!!!! Nope - Mom has no idea. It's in the dryer softening up as we speak.

Welcome to the group! The best thing about this blankie is that it's easily adjusted for different sizes.

I started Amber's with the new Mainstays yarn and my 17dc across is only 8 inches square. Which is OK cuz she's only 4 /12 feet tall LOL

RoseRed, I love your new afghan. The red looks great as a flannel. :yes

I bought some turquoise & black to start on a flannel ghan for hubby & then he decided he wants more colors...so I'm workin on my other one for now. I haven't gotten much done the past few days.

Croshay - have you thought about adding a 3rd bright color? you could sc between the blocks and sc around the strips. I think it would look awesome! Amber wanted hers without it so - maybe the next one.

The new one looks cool! I can't wait to pick up the yarn and get started on this one... may be a few weeks yet as I should probably finish up one other 'non-travel friendly' blankie first and I'm on the road again next week.

This one is really travel friendly because it's worked in strips.

Don't feel bad croshay - it's been raining here all day. All I've done is sit around, crochet and make dinner.

I'm almost done with panel 4. Thank god for the Handeze gloves!

This one is really travel friendly because it's worked in strips.

Don't feel bad croshay - it's been raining here all day. All I've done is sit around, crochet and make dinner.

I'm almost done with panel 4. Thank god for the Handeze gloves!

Travel friendly is why I decided that I could join along with this one! I can do the strips on the road and join them all when I get home. The only reason I'm waiting until I get the non travel-friendly one done is that I promised myself it would be done by the end of Feb and if I don't pay attention to it soon, it'll become a UFO! :eekI plan on buying yarn this weekend. I think mine might be dark blue (not navy) and dark red, it'll go with the inlaw's LR. But, it'll probably be whatever strikes me as 'them' while wandering the store :D

Here's my ghan as of tonight...

afghan20107.jpg

I have a problem though, and I wonder if anybody has a suggestion. My brown square - toward the top right of this picture is bigger than the others. Here's a better picture...

funkysquare.jpg

I guess I started the row with looser stitches or something. See how it's bigger toward the end on the right? Any suggestions? I can't frog it because this was the first row of the strip. If nothing else, I'll just sew the next strip on & just hope/pray it doesn't show much. :think

Croshay - it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

When things like the brown square happen - I cheat! I'd run a few stitches (hand sewing) thru the wider parts and just smoosh them together. If you do it more towards the inside you really won't notice it too much. It aslo wooks wonders if you accidently increase a few rows.

Let me know what you decide to do.

Archived