Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

RoseRed, thanks for the FANTASTIC suggestion! I hadn't thought of that. I'll try that later & see how it looks.

I think I'm going to make a 5th strip & then add 1 more block at the top of each one & that's it. I had started out thinking this would be king-sized but I think it might be too heavy/bulky if I make it that big. I'll get the 5th strip on it & then decide.

I can't wait to get my school work done today so I can crochet some more!! :devil

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished panel #5 YAY! Now I get to weavein my ends. I dislike that even more than sewing them together. I tried to do it in one piece but I ended up with such a tangled knot that I ven gave up trying to frog the dam thing.

Croshay - I have a similar problem except I dropped a stitch on 1 of my strips. It wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that I dropped the stitch for the entire strip except for the first block of that strip. I am such a perfectionist with everything so I can't decide whether I just want to frog the entire strip or just leave it as is. My DW says to just leave it as because she can't stand seeing me frog stuff! She says that all that time will be wasted! But for me it's like having a crooked picture on the wall, I won't be happy until it's just right. I'll try to post pics later.

Greg, I'm usually a perfectionist about my work too, but I wouldn't go back and frog a whole strip. Maybe you could do a row of sc's up the side to make it wider, just on the part where you had dropped a stitch. :think I don't think it would show up much once you got it sewn together.

RoseRed, I love your red and black flannel ghan. The colors are perfect! You're whipping right through these things. What will you work on next?

I'll be sewing my strips together today (just 2 more to attach). I still haven't decided how big to make my ghan, but I won't have much time for crocheting today anyway, so I'll decide later.

I HATE the new hook I got since I lost my other one. It has sort of a flat section on it and where the rounded part and flat part come together (hard to explain) there's sort of an edge that has made my thumb really sore. :thumbdown

Ok I just couldn't pass up this CAL. I'm using up some purple SS from my stash. I paid a whooping $1. for it last year when they were clearing out the color. It's nice with soft white--bright but nice.

I must say this afghan goes fast and since it's strips, it shouldn't be so long sewing it together. Guess I might have to bust some more stash on this afghan since I have Way Too Much SS and Pounders.

P1020060.jpg

Didn't even get a chance to wash it!!! It's soft enough to snuggle on before the dryer sheets! And there's my bug (in a rug)!

I did this one with the New Mainstays pounders. Just over 2 pounds of black and just under 2 pounds of red.

For the border of this one iI did dc's - 2Rounds black, 1R mixed, 1R red, 1R mixed, 2Rblack amd the last round in black sc.

Ugh! I'm stuck! :sigh I can't figure out what colors to use! :( I guess none of the yarn was 'speaking' to me at Joann's yesterday. Hopefully this weekend Michaels or AC Moore will have *something* that says it needs to be a blankie for my inlaws....

P1020060.jpg

Didn't even get a chance to wash it!!! It's soft enough to snuggle on before the dryer sheets! And there's my bug (in a rug)!

I did this one with the New Mainstays pounders. Just over 2 pounds of black and just under 2 pounds of red.

For the border of this one iI did dc's - 2Rounds black, 1R mixed, 1R red, 1R mixed, 2Rblack amd the last round in black sc.

Now that is the epitome of lumberjack! Gorgeous! Thanks for the amount of yarn you used.

Any chance of a closer picture of your border???

Joan

P1020061.jpg

I'm not happy with the border (it needs to be bigger) but Amber loves it!!! The entire blanket shrunk by about 6 inches last night so it's 5 1/2 x 4. This is the 1st time I'm using the New Mainstays I'll keep you posted on how it's working out.

squish - this is a really easy one to make that big! i know it'll kill the stashbusting score but it goes really fast so you won't be tanked for long!

Addey - What are your favorite colors?

Joan - epitome - WOW!!! thanx! here's the border pic.

Addey - What are your favorite colors?

Well, if it was for me, it would be pretty easy, it would be blue and gray. Unfortunately, I'm thinking of making it for my inlaws. Maybe I will just make it for hubby (blue and black) and maybe by the time I finish it, I'll figure out what to do for the inlaws :D I have until October to finish that one. :yay

RoseRed... thanks for the border pics.

Too bad yours shrank:( ... do you know why.. did you wash it and dry it? I didn't think acrylic yarns were supposed to shrink.

As soon as I finish the ghan I'm working on now, I want to start on one of the lumberjack ones. I am going to do black and off white ... I'll probably go with the Caron One Pounders... I already have one skein of the off white. Look out... I've got coupons and I'm armed and dangerous!:lol

Joan

Rose it is lovely and thanks for sharing the pattern.I have some strips made in crochet for a baby afghan but I miscalculated the tension and now it has become very small. I cant get the same shades any more. The strips join to make a lovely woven effect afghan. I use to crochet and knit with two yarns held together to make sweaters for my daughters.One coloured and one white.It used to be my favourite thing those days and fast to finish too.

Hi Everyone! I have been missing in action for a few days, but it wasn't by choice, my computer's power supply cord went out and it had to be taken to the shop to fix....ugh, thought i was going to go nuts! lol Anyways, I have my aghan all sewn together and part of the border on.

RoseRed: I have all the v-stitches done, but i am having trouble with knowing what holes to put the next round in, does this make sense. I was to this point the night my computer messed up. Could you explain it please and mabey show a close up of that round or something. Thanks hon. It's soooo good to be back! :)

Archived