A NEW CLASP/BUCKLE MADE....need imput please

Labeana

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out the simplest way to show you my new work (I had another thread going about my purse handles)....I wanted to just add it to my last thread but was afraid no one would see it....so I started this thread

Ok, I've been working on some new ideas...and here is a clasp/buckle type of thing that might work....please keep in mind that these are originals done in whatever colors or polyclay I happened to have around the studio to do the originals....the poured resin ones will be off white or ivory and may be painted, antiqued, etc....

I tried it with two small pieces of crocheted yarn my mom did for me....she used to crochet all the time but her hands keep giving her trouble so it's a little uneven but I think you can get the idea....it can be used as a flap on both ends, to connect the body of the bag with the strap....I am thinking these might work well with a sling bag...or if I make smaller ones, as connectors when you might use two handles on a bag....

I've also pulled a piece of fabric through (both over and under)to show you how you can use it that way...

Again, I am open to any and all suggestions....please take a look and give me your honest opinions...I value your experience and insight...

thanks!

Lauren

Copyofclasp.jpg

the size on this is approx 3 1/2" wide by 4"

Copyofclaspcrochet.jpg

Copyofclaspfabric.jpg

I like the second arrangement as it really shows off the detail in the buckle. Do you carve these as they are amazing!

thanks, yes I make these using polymer clay, like Fimo and Sculpey...but this is just the original.....after that I make a rubber mold of it so I can pour as many resin(a plastic- acrylic material)reproductions as I need....then they can be painted, antiqued, or finished however you want them....

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

I have to say, I like it both ways. Yes, I like the writing and the way the crocheted one shows that off... but the one with fabric is beautiful too.

:tup :tup

well, not to worry....I have a new smaller one to post....I need the natural light to photograph them to show you.....

and thanks so much for all your help in familiarizing me with the needs of crocheters.....

Archived