I want to try thread

mysonsmommy

Hello, I was wondering if you ladies could help me out. I am very interested in trying thread crochet to try and make a doily or something small and dainty like that and I was wondering if you ladies knew of any patterns, free preferably ( I dont want to spend tons of money if I dont like it), that I should try as a first project. I want something that looks very nice and that after I put my time in it could be something worthy. Nothing too simple looking, but also nothing too advanced. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for helping me out.

Hello, I was wondering if you ladies could help me out. I am very interested in trying thread crochet to try and make a doily or something small and dainty like that and I was wondering if you ladies knew of any patterns, free preferably ( I dont want to spend tons of money if I dont like it), that I should try as a first project. I want something that looks very nice and that after I put my time in it could be something worthy. Nothing too simple looking, but also nothing too advanced. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for helping me out.
Here is the link to a great source of patterns. You should be able to find something there that fits your criteria. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php Have fun and good luck.

Stargazer has a list of links to doilies at http://home.inreach.com/marthac/doilies.html

They are not grouped by level of skill, but they are free!

I can hardly wait to see what you decide to make! I am always thrilled to know of someone wanting to try thread crocheting! :yay

~ Lori

If you get frustrated with making a doily you might also get used to thread making a few bookmarks. It got my fingers used to the smallness of thread and the tiny hooks. There are lots of bookmarks listed on the CPC website as well.

My first experience with thread was very disappointing and frustrating. Now I'm addicted to doilies.

I second the suggestion about bookmarks.

Or you could do an edging, maybe to put on a guest towel for your bathroom or something. Many edgings are worked back and forth rather than in rounds, so if you're more comfortable with something flat, it might be an idea.

cpc is my favorite :manyheart

Archived