Hmmmm....

This is a motif I am making. Which will eventually be turned into a table runner. Does this look right?

th_Picture1374.jpg

:think Maybe I can turn them into egg cozies for all my friends?... :lol After some manipulating it looks right.

th_Picture1375.jpg

(Clickable Pics)

It is an older pattern that someone re-crocheted and wrote down, I think. I got the pattern from another thread, here at Crochetville; where I asked if anyone knew of any German doily patterns. Someone posted the link to this site which is so cool, IMO... I am making the table runner. It's going to be a wedding present for my SIL when it is done.

Tina

I tried one in yarn and it would not mind being a bowl. Nothing definite mind you ...just willing. And I crochet very loosely so that isn't the problem

It doesn't actually pull or anything, it just seems to cup...Hmmmnnn

:wlol now I know why you named this thread

I know exactly what you mean. I was doing my "first" doily last summer, and I had to post some in-progress pics and get some feedback, because it was "bowling" on me, and that's what had made me give up so many times before. (My cousin tried to teach me doilies when I was younger, but I'd get frustrated and give up.)

Everybody who answered said that, with some blocking, it should look alright. They were absolutely right.

I'm thinking maybe you oughta block them before you put them together, just to make sure the tension's right. I could be wrong (it's happened before!! :lol), but that's what I'm thinking.

Whatever you decide to do, I bet it'll come out beautifully. :hook

Hey! You're making the same thing?! Cool! (Who are you making it for by the way?) Yours is being good and laying flat. Thanks Ana!! Awesome. I'll do it your way. (What about the ten I already did?) :think Oh well. Nikki, you said that, too. Do one extra chain. My husbands' late Great Aunt always used to say 'Do one extra chain on the next round'.... (she never did follow a pattern but would make these huge tablecloths and doilies...) Not to get off topic here....

I can't wait to see what yours is; finished, Ana. :clap

I was going to block it when I was done, and they did lay flat after I pulled and pulled on them, but it was just... (grrr!)... :blush

Tina

Tina,

For the past couple of weeks I have been doing mofit samples for this table ...th_IMG_6705.jpg

As you can see I have a filet runner there ,but I want something a little bigger , so I have been looking for something that works up fast and easy and that was one of them ..Here are a couple more that I am still working on..

th_IMG_6712.jpgth_IMG_6709.jpgth_IMG_6707.jpg

[/url]

th_IMG_6449.jpg

I have been looking at all my books and the Celt's website for something I like..:hook

Hee Hee.... Now I don't feel so bad for having so many UFO's and not being able to make up my mind about things! It must be a common thing for crocheters... :hook So many things to make and you can't choose just one. :devil

I think a table runner would go well there, though. Even though they all look nice, Ana.

Tina

Archived