baby blanket size

I have a quesiton about the size of baby blankets. I just finished one that is about 28 inches square. Is this two small? it is a commision peice and I know the one I gifted her was on the small size but I can't remember the measurements. She said that she loved it because it worked so well with the car seat. If needed I could buy more yarn and add on to one end but I really just want to be done and move on.

I think 28" is fine for a newborn...that would work well in a carseat...consider most newborns are close to 21" themselves. A more common size is about 36" square, at least from what I've seen...it's easier to swaddle baby in one that size. And they don't "outgrow" it as quickly. But it's what she likes that matters. if she loves 28" then go with that. anyway, that's my 0.02.

i did one recently that was 26X26 - and it is for my infant son in his stroller -- i find that the ones that are a bit smaller are nice for things like that (no getting dirty from hanging over the side or hitting the wheels or ground) - smaller would be easier in carseats too, i imagine :hook ...

That's what other gals have told me. The 28x28 works well in a car seat. The 36x36 works better to actually wrap up the baby. My cousin's daughter still uses her blankee in the car seat (she's 1.5 years old). I have 10 days to finish the one I'm making now, and it's looking like I only have time for a 28x28. I used Bernat Baby because I wanted it to be a little lighter for a Spring baby.

Stephanie

Thank you all...I think I am going to email her and see if she is ok with that size. I never thought about the stroller...I so needed one for my son when he was younger!

I am hearing moms who want that smaller size for car seats and strollers too.

there is a place for the full size crib and carriage blankets, in place of our little blankies but both are fun to make.

Does anyone have a "Carriage" any more? boy am I old:wlol

darski, i saw one just the other day, looked like one of those old english prams, you know like you see in the movies, but it was new. i think you can still get them but they are not cheap which is why most people opt for a smaller stroller instead of a carriage:manyheart :manyheart

http://www.ababy.com/data/carriages--prams-1.html

You see them ALL the time out here!! Especially for newborns/younger babies. After a certain age they tend to get too big for a pram, but the younger ones I see being pushed around in prams all the time out here.

It surprised me, though. I didn't even think they MADE prams like that anymore!! :lol

I didn't think they made them anymore either but I see on tv that all the stars are using them. I would have to say they would be nice for a newborn but I wouldn't think they would use it for verylong before growing out of it. Wouldn't get your money out of them at that price.

Archived