Stained Glass Window Afghan Cal????

MsSunflwr

I know I haven't started my third on yet, I started a purse last week and I'm trying to finish it up when I get a chance this week, it's been really busy for me lately. The purse I'm trying to make was inspired from a Dooney and Burk bag I saw in W magazine...I'm still trying to figure out how to make the handle(s). I've still got about 2 more of these afghans to make. I love checking in to see your photos.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been crocheting when I can on both of my stained glass afghans I have started. On my second one, I still only have two of seven strips crocheted together, so I'm behind on that one. On the white-edged, hdc strips, I have two strips done but I haven't yet decided how I'll put them together. I'm working on a third strip now that will go between the first two. It's been unseasonably warm here (80 degrees yesterday!), so I haven't been working with yarn much. It's cooler now, in the 50's, so I'll be able to get back to these afghans soon.

Candy

Welll, this has kind of been put on the back burner for me... I love working on it because its so quick, but my school work is calling me right now... only 5 weeks until i'm done for good (YAY!!!) but for right now everything besides school is going very slow! Maybe this weekend I can spend a day on it! Hope everyone elses projects are going well!

I worked on the third strip of my white-edged afghan last night. I'll probably work on that one more when I can this week. The black-edged one is on the back burner for awhile, but I'll get back to that one soon.

I'm going to get in on this one too. I have a ton of scrap yarn and have been trying to figure out a way to use it up. I have to finish three afghans promised to friends and one for hubby first. Then I'm in.

Well I started it, but I found that the edging P15'd me off!!!!! so I pulled it out in disgust. and I will have to go back and re-read all 30 pages of this

thread to work out how to interpret the pattern propoerly.

I thought I could read a pattern, but I can't get me head around it, ann dif the edges aren't straight I stress out and it's not very enjpoyable. LOL:angry

Hanalla, I didn't exactly follow the pattern for the edging or the joining. Don't worry that the edges aren't straight. It will even out eventually.

They are all so pretty! I have been wanting to do this ghan for years and it looks like I am finally going to!!

I am making THREE of them for my nephews!!

I can't wait to get started!! :hook

Welcome! I can't wait to see what you come up with! 3 is a big challenge! but they do work up fairly quickly:clap:clap

I have finished my first strip. That is so exciting. I finally got my head around the straight edging (which has always been an issue for me when making up my own patterns).

Pic is here

I think i could have made it longer, but I was suffering the need to get onto the next strip.

I love this CAL. thanks heaps to the person who suggested it!

Archived