Yarn at New Walmart Supercentre in Scarborough, ONT

mason204

I just found out today that they're moving the Walmart formerly at Warden & Eglinton to a new supercentre at Pharmacy and Eglinton.

I wonder if they'll still carry yarn? If so, I hope their new selection is larger. Do people find that the supercentres carry more yarn or less than a regular Walmart?

Seeing as the local Lewiscraft is now gone, I hope they'll pick up the slack and put in a nice, healthy-sized yarn selection.

Am I dreaming....?

Well by judging what others are saying Wal-marts seem to be down sizing their craft departments :( Here they don't seem to restock like they should in yarn!

Our Walmart Supercenter is very erratic in it's craft department too! Just when the purse making craze hit - they stopped carrying handles!! Go figure. Seems they need to hire some marketers that are tuned into the craft scene. I always buy at least one more yarn product every time I shop and would probably purchase more if the selection were better.

In Oshawa, just as soon as Lewiscraft closed, WalMart, in all it's brilliance, pared down it's yarn section. Zellers seems to be 'on the ball' though, carrying more yarn than ever before ... it's just that now the stores are beginning to look like they used to, all junky. Whattaya gonna do?

Brae

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new Wal-mart Superstore opening in Woodstock, Illinois Today! So if the roads are pretty good, I will take a trip out there, just to check it out. I sure hope it's a good one.

:manyheart

I did go to the one in Woodstock. Grand opening today. Wasn't really impressed with the yarn aisle.

I did speak with the craft section lady and she said that they don't have a fabric section and are probably going to eliminate them from most of their stores. She claims they sell the fabric so cheap that they don't make much of a profit and it takes up too much room.

Just thought I would share.

:manyheart

like Niqita's store,ours has been out of paddy green since before halloween,I keep asking,but they said all restocking is done through the cash registers inventory,I bought the last two gold the other day,hope it doesn't take as long as the paddy green to show up on the shelves,when I get desperate we make an AC Moore run,45 mins away.

Linda

Our Walmart superstore downsized their craft section also. They opened last summer. When I finally went, I was disappointed to see they had very little yarn. The old Walmart had 3 aisles of yarn and the superstore only had 1 aisle. Time to check out Zellers.:eek:blush

Archived