What I did on New Year's Eve.....cupcakes and ice cream cones

rsisland

Hubby and I prefer to stay home on New Year's Eve, so I decided to do a little crocheting :hook . I wanted to make some flat cupcakes and ice cream cones for awhile.....here are my attempts:

th_IM000397-1.jpg

(clickable)

Some came out very strange until I found something that looked the way I wanted. So, I decided to add felt to the backs and stuff them. Now they have personalities all their own :lol . The second cupcake would make a good broccoli person if done in green...but I do like her earings. The blue and pink one is "Super Cupcake"...see the "S" on her chest? The pink cone is a magnet for the fridge. At least my family had a good laugh at my attempts.....and it kept me off the streets :lol !

The green ice cream cone and the blue and white cupcake on the right are the ones that I am pleased with. :yay

The blue and white cupcake pattern will become a scarf, most likely in different colors though. It measures 4 inches wide and 4.5 inches tall. The others are mostly 5 inches wide and 6 inches tall. I kind of like them as stuffies...they have character :lol . Hubby likes them as fridgies....oh well, maybe next time!

Those are just way too cute!!! What a way to spend the New Year's. Hubby and I like to stay home too. He had to work a double so when he got home at 11p.m. I was a good wife and massaged his back til he fell asleep. I forgot though, that what you do on New Years you do for the whole year. Aarrgh, he got me!!!!!:cheer

• 1 year later...

Archived