Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

oh I attached corner 9 patch with the 4th row of "C" then did a fifth row to circle the 9 patch which gave me a complete point to point of the half grannys. Now I don't know if that is correct or not. I finished off at that point and went on to the next corner border. On the last corner border I turned and went completely around the whole afghan.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tracey thanks. I will try to do that from your explanations and photo to see if I can work it out. Ive undone this section so many times. My hubby has even commented on the fact that I have done this.

I think I will go to bed now and try your way first thing in the morning. I need a clear head for this I reckon.

Athba doesnt your mum want you to make an afghan for her. As for colors go with your favorite color. You have seen some different colors put together in here so go by them to decide. I know I had trouble trying to find a varigated. So this time I bought the varigated yarn first then picked the plain colors to go with it although the second one being bright colors it was easy.

she love this afghan but when she told me that she want the perfume and she thinks that it wont finish early i was disapointed

maybe i`ll pick favorite colors between me and her if she loved it as it is i`ll give it to her

if i heard her suggestions on it i`ll go pick up the colors she suggested to make it for her

that sounds fair for both of us :lol

:blush ladeis is this varigated colour nice??

th_001-1.jpg

what suggestions to combine with?? :think

i thought of

off-white

pink

claret and this is the picture of it

th_claret.jpg

but what about the forth color??

any suggestions ??? :manyheart:hook

well Im not sure. If it was a very light brown maybe. I used Aqua with my browns not sure it would go with those pinks and reds. But in saying that Aqua would go with anything really.

Girls Athba needs help with the colors.

Abtha,

I love those colors, what about a dark/deep red-purple~Magenta. You have all warm colors listed, so you will want to stick with a warm color unless you want that color to pop or stand out. You could go with a shade of brown that blends with the colors you have choosen.

wendy

as tracy said i want warm colors but also i loved the aqua and i thought maybe it will be nice combnation with the pinks

the brown as your light brown or little lighter

tracy

what is dark/deep red-purple~Magenta?? :think

actully i`ve put red hearts pictures because i allready ordered it from amazon

here in kuwait its hard to find those colours

we have turkish brand :(

what do you think???

Wendy, I agree: it is a beautiful ghan and worth the effort - though I'm nowhere NEAR finished, and won't be, because of other things I need to work on:P. I'm loving the way the colros work together!

Judi you will get there. Dont worry.

I also have heaps of projects and want to get back to working on the casa soon. I have made some squares for it today but now Im still doing the corner borders on the blue star.

In the wee hours of this morning I finally finished 4 block 1s, and 4 block 2s. I'm just going to do the edging on them and start on the center. I'll do more 9-patch blocks later on when I've gotten to do some of the center. :hook

In the wee hours of this morning I finally finished 4 block 1s, and 4 block 2s. I'm just going to do the edging on them and start on the center. I'll do more 9-patch blocks later on when I've gotten to do some of the center. :hook

Wow, you were ambitious!! You're a better woman than I am :lol

Wow, you were ambitious!! You're a better woman than I am :lol

*giggles* Heavens no! I woke back up and couldn't get to sleep. Kitty curled up in my lap while I was crocheting, so I couldn't reach the remotes for the TV or anything. :lol It was really great to finally see the end of some 9-patches, even if it's temporary! It seems like the rest of the afghan is relatively quick comparatively!

I just got the center done up to where I'm about to start adding the patches. It was much more fun doing this part! My wrists are hurting now, so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I got it right so that the squares attach!! :(

I have 2 corner borders done, only 2 to go then the edging.

Tracey how did you do the edging over the half block. I have the white yarn sitting there at the end of the first corner and have tried to start the edging but Im not sure if Im doing it right.

I am however, almost done with my ALS project. Just got to get the edging on it and then take pix. I have also been working on the last 9 patches of this one from time to time and almost have them done. Once the ALS project is done I will be able to concentrate on this afghan and a couple others that I have put aside.

I can't wait to see all of our finished afghans!!!!!!!!!

Wendy~ After I got all of the corner borders done and finished off, I slipped stitched into a corner and then clustered across. On the corners it was cluster chain 2 cluster if I am not mistaken. The layette I am working on is full of shells, so I am forgetting this blanket's pattern.

Archived