Felted Purse (Pattern by DonnaLynn2)

angel

Thanks, Donna, for letting me test your pattern. I haven't felted before or made a bag / purse so this was a lot of fun.

I can't get updated pictures (broke my camera) but it does look very nice now it's dry and has been plumped out with some newspaper so it has a very good shape.

I used a 6.5mm hook and Karaoke (50% wool, 50% soysilk).

prefeltfront.jpg

Front before felting.

prefeltback.jpg

Back before felting.

postfelt1.jpg

On the washing machine after felting...

I only deviated from the pattern slightly - I didn't crochet 95% of the strap, instead I made little straps that will fold over and hold some rings in place (which I will use to attach a handle / strap), I also added the very simple 1 stitch border around the fold-over part as I wanted to incorporate a bit more of the other colour.

I will try to get proper pictures soon. The pattern was great - well-written and very easy for me to follow :)

-- Michelle

After felting and with a bit of half-hearted stuffing to get it into shape, it is approximately 28cm / 11 inches wide, 23cm / 9 inches long (not including fold-over) and 7cm / 3 inches deep. It shrunk quite a bit all around but because of the large hook (I think), it is not a stiff felted fabric, it's still quite soft and floppy.

bagandbutton2.jpg

I have added the button :)

-- Michelle

Archived