My Timberline Tote

Katchkan

This summer we were doing a lot of day trips around our area. I of course took my crochet with me. ( Don't leave Home Without it ) But the tote I was using was made of yarn and I kept finding fuzzies in my work. Picking fuzzies out of a doily is no fun.

So I decided that I wanted to make myself a tote that was made with thread. I wanted something not too large but not too small either. I wanted it to look nice so I could pack it anywhere. I also wanted to show off what crochet can do. So I used a variety of stitches. Sort of a stich sampler as well as a tote.

It measures 11 and 1/2 inches by 11 inches wide. It is fully lined with a pocket to keep the small items from drifting to the bottom. I have found this tote to work really well and no more fuzzies.

I am offering this pattern on my website.

th_toterevised.jpgth_Mytotetogo6.jpgth_Mytotetogo3.jpgth_mytoteopen.jpg

The pattern can be found here.

http://www.crochetnbeads.com/crochet_patterns.htm

so pretty!!! thanks for sharing! once i get over my fear of crochet thread, i might try it! but i don't have the patience to make something that big with thread (i'm making a blanket with acrylic yarn and i'm avoiding it with a passion!)

but as for fuzzies... have you tried using Caron Simply Soft? that stuff is near to indestructible and it won't fuzz either... mainly b/c it's cheap acrylic lol

so pretty!!! thanks for sharing! once i get over my fear of crochet thread, i might try it! but i don't have the patience to make something that big with thread (i'm making a blanket with acrylic yarn and i'm avoiding it with a passion!)

but as for fuzzies... have you tried using Caron Simply Soft? that stuff is near to indestructible and it won't fuzz either... mainly b/c it's cheap acrylic lol

The tote I was using was made with Caron Simply Soft. and it definitely fuzzed. I am much happier with my thread tote. Less bulky, no pilling or fuzzies and Classy looking.

The tote I was using was made with Caron Simply Soft. and it definitely fuzzed. I am much happier with my thread tote. Less bulky, no pilling or fuzzies and Classy looking.

ahhhh understood. i know how annoying fuzzies are... i made a pair of felted wool mitt-gloves and they're starting to pill, it's so ugly and nasty looking, but the gloves are so warm and comfy! will have to find my mom's sweater shaver and shave off those fuzz balls.

i admire you for making something that large with thread... i just don't have the patience or the knuckle strength to work with it (d-hooks make me very stiff and i'm only in my 20s!!! been crocheting my whole life)

Archived