winter scarf time! *with patterns*

specialkate

Well the snow is finally sticking around, xmas is just around the corner, and I have re-developed my dependancy for mint green tea...meaning that winter must be here and it is time to crochet some scarves! :yay I love making them because they are quicky, easy, and make awesome gifts for pretty much everyone on your list!

Double strand grey (for my mom):

312384259_578a4ec543_m.jpg312384266_1618f2afd6_m.jpg

Albertain Sheep's wool scarves (for my sis and friend):

312381878_edb3d40fe4_m.jpg312384270_3fddb665e2_m.jpg

I would love to hear what you think :D

***Update: Pattern revealed in reply post #17 for those interested!***

I LOVE how you did the weaving in the first one. So great to see that technique in action. And my favorite for colors is def. number 2. :) There will be some pretty well dressed necks in BC!

For those who inquired, I actually made up the patterns for both! They are super easy so sharing how I whipped them up will be a sinch! :D

:yarn Grey Double Strand:

Using two stands of light grey yarn, Ch. 201

Row1: in 2nd ch from hook, sc. Sc in remaining 199 chs, ch.1. turn

Row2-12: repeat row 1. At end of row 12, fasten off!

(now wasnt that easy?)

Finishing:

Thread two strands of a constrast colour on a yarn needle.(I can't remember how long of stands I used, so try to eyeball it leaveing a fair amount for weaving in the ends afterwards). Weave in and out at desired location creating an embroidered look contrast at the tips of the scarf. I made two 40cm white lines, two 43cm seafoam lines, and two 35cm dark grey lines (in the pattern shown in close up pic). Simply leave at least 6cms of loose yarn at each end and weave it in to finish it off!

:yarn Albertain Sheeps wool:

Do pretty much the same pattern. On this one I started with 180ch and then did the horizontal sc pattern again, this time colour changing between rows. The colour pattern I came up with is as follows:

Colour 1: Fringed scarf = white, Unfringed scarf = white

Colour 2: Fringed scarf = brown, Unfringed scarf = olive

Colour 3: Fringed scarf = olive, Unfringed scarf = brown

Two rows colour 1 (or you could just do 180ch and one row of sc), then 1 row of colour 2, colour1, colour2, colour3, colour2, colour1, colour2, colour3, colour2, two rows colour 3. (whew. is it just me or does the world colour lost its meaning?)

Ending with 13 rows of sc.

Add fringe if desired.

Enjoy! If anyone ends up recreating these scarves I would LOVE to hear about it and see pics!:hook

Archived