another tea cosy

DesertCrocheter

Here's a link to the tea cosy I made for cat3crazy for the tea cosy swap. She doesn't have a digital camera and I only now uploaded the photos. I made a little placemat/doily thing for it sit on out of the same yarn (Plymoth Encore in pink), and a little hot pad out of some variegated Sugar N Cream I had. It turned out quite plain. I had tried to put some funky white polka dots on it, but they looked terrible so I frogged them and decided simple yet elegant was the way to go. ;) This was the third tea cosy I made for the swap and they are so easy and fun. Another is definitely on my Christmas present list for my friend M (she actually requested one :lol). Enjoy! patty

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/IM003614.jpg

Patty I really like that pattern. Is that one you made up yourself? The tea cozy swap was fun. I sure do drink a lot more tea now. (Is probably better for me than coffee, anyway...)

Thanks for sharing it with us. (By the way I like it plain like that; it does look elegant.) :)

Tina

Made up myself? Tina, you are so funny! No way--I do not have any designing talent. But here's the link to this free pattern: http://members.optusnet.com.au/we2/teapotcosy.html offered by someone who has talent. This is actually the same pattern I made Simonsez's tea cosy, except her's I made using white and green yarn to look like a trellis with grass at the bottom and embellished with a yellow flower (photo posted in tea cosy swap thread). The only change for cat3crazy's was that I hdc'd the bottom instead of the original stitch required by the pattern. But it's super easy, and a nice cross between a hood type that covers the entire pot and is easy on, easy off, and one that you tie on with openings for the spout and handle. The hot pad is just a free pattern I linked to via CPC that looked like it would match well.

Thanks for the kind words, ya'll. And BTW, Tina, tea (even black tea) is full of antioxidants and is good for you (so's the dairy you put in it; maybe not the sugar mine needs, too, or the cookie that has to accompany it...), so drink up! Patty

:lol I know tea is a lot better for you, especially green tea. (The part about the cookie was what made me laugh... Cuz I do that, too. Although I prefer honey in my tea to sugar.

Thank you for the link to the pattern..... By the way did you see Cupcakes' latest tea cozy? It's on her blog today. Cute. :hook

Thanks for the kind words, ya'll. And BTW, Tina, tea (even black tea) is full of antioxidants and is good for you (so's the dairy you put in it; maybe not the sugar mine needs, too, or the cookie that has to accompany it...), so drink up! Patty

Archived