turquoise purse & ipod cozy

tee-dee

So this is my first photo post on this site ever!!! I hope everyone likes this super cool purse and ipod nano cozy I made this past summer for my sister. I once made the half-shell purse and she loved it so this is a variation I made for her. It's a very large boho style bag measuring about 20 inches across made in lion chenille. I tore it out and re-did it about a million times trying to get it just right for her and when I finally did I put in a really cool lining. She LOVES it but I need to make some adjustments to the strap because I didn't take into consideration that it would stretch so much. Enjoy!!!

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/tee-dee13/edb75ae9.jpg

The bag looks very nice! :) There are lots of good suggestions for straps and stretch issues here, someone posted something about crocheting around a strand of yarn helping?

-- Michelle

I've heard of crocheting around a piece of cord, nylon "rope" or even clothesline, for stretching problems on narrow or round type handles. For wide/flat handles, you can sew a piece of matching grosgrain ribbon onto the back...or even something that matches the liner. Those seem to work the best for me. Maybe it's not "right" but they seem to work (I had a top with straps that had stretching problems, a narrow piece of ribbon worked there).

good luck. hope this helps

:)Along with Momcrochets idea you can also use matching nylon or cotton webbing sewn or glued to the back of the strap.

Very nice purse - love the color.

Debi Y. :hook

Archived