purrple scarf...

monchichi_bright

dawnsscarf2.jpgdawnsscarf1.jpg

Here is a scarf I made for a Lady @ work....... I used a mile a minute bookmark pattern for the center row, and improvised the rest with 2 rows of dbl crochet and a row of single to finish it off...I used a size M hook..and almost a skein of caron simply soft "grape"..it took me approx. 2.5 - 3 hours to complete and the customer was sooo satisfied that she gave me $1 more than I asked for and I worked myself into making 2 more scarves for another lady @ work.....she wants matching scarves for her and her 2 yr. old daughter.....she picked out caron simply soft "embroidery print" yarn and i am using a size L hook. I will post when finished.....constructive criticizm is always welcome.......Happy Hooking every1 !!!!

Nicely done! It's always good to see that folks can make a lovely scarf without buying 5 skeins of expensive yarn and spending years knitting cables. Not to knock those who do that...I'm just not that patient for yarn beauty!

Good morning to all.

I have a question for you because I don't know well english language: sorry for my ignorance but what is or where is a mile a minute bookmark pattern? :huh

Thank you for your help. Your scarf is very beautiful...:applause

A good day:)

Rosy

You can buy books of the patterns, but there is also one available online here:

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~crochet/bmmam02.html

Not sure what was used for this scarf exactly, but this should give you an idea of what the bookmarks look like. Usually you see mile-a-minute being used to make afghans. It basically is working long strips and for afghans, later joining them together.

Hope this helps!

Archived