Arm warmer/fingerless glove....

Starr

I have a pretty funny story about this. I actually call it my "Order of the Stick-Vaarsuvious Gauntlet" LOL

I was hanging out with my DH and his gamer buddies. They were originally playing Heroscape and I was crocheting on a test pattern, but, of course, I alway bring extra yarn stuff with me whenever I go out somewhere and I think that I can get some crochet time in.

Well, when they finished playing Heroscape, they brought out a game called "The Order of the Stick". The game is based on an online comic of the same name and it is kind of a D&D spoof. You "build" a dungon with cards and there are monster cards and character cards, etc...

So, anyway, they guys asked if I wanted to play and I said yes. (I was the only chic with 5 guys LOL) I was stuck sitting with the doorwall at my back and my hands were getting cold, so I brought my crochet over to the table to crochet while I played (these guys are used to me crocheting while I play games with them LOL). I didn't want to do something that I had to concentrate on a written pattern, so I finished the arm on the baby saque for the shower next week, then I decided to make this "gauntlet".

I used the remenants of the yarn from the knotted cables sweaters, but I ended up making this longer than I originally planned and now I don't have enough for my left hand LOL

I wrote notes on how I made this, so I hope that I can reproduce it!

Sorry for the babbling! Here are the pics!

glovecopyright1.jpgglovecopyright2.jpg

Oh, and, btw, I won the game!!!

Thank you everyone. :D It is really warm.

Very pretty and good job. May I ask where you got the pattern? pinkroses

Thank you, I didn't have a pattern for it, I just did it. The stitch pattern is a type of ripple stitch, it it the [sc, 2 dc] in same st, skip 2, repeat. (The stitch is in "The Crochet Stitch Bible" and it is called The Ripple Stitch in there, but I know I have seen this stitch called other names before.) Then I just changes hook size when I needed it to be wider or narrower around my hand. I started with the ribbing, slip stitched the ribbing together and worked it around in one piece, slipping it on my hand every so often for sizing and thumb hole placement. :hook

I don't have a pattern written right now, just some notes and my hand is small, so if I do write a pattern, it would be in a small, I wounldn't know how to resize it bigger...

Oh my gosh. I love them! :manyheart Silly you. Only feeding my fancy for this type of clothing by incorperating video games in it (another of my big loves). Now I'm going to have to figure out how make something similar just because those are so darn cool looking.:hook

I just love this pattern. I would love to make myself a pair of them, however, I have to have a pattern. I love the way you made the palm part different so it wouldn't be so thick. I have a size med/large hand, so if you decide to allow us the honor of a pattern, would you also give tips on how to make them a little larger? You did a beautiful job on yours.:manyheart:hug:yes

Thank you everyone :D

I just love this pattern. I would love to make myself a pair of them, however, I have to have a pattern. I love the way you made the palm part different so it wouldn't be so thick. I have a size med/large hand, so if you decide to allow us the honor of a pattern, would you also give tips on how to make them a little larger? You did a beautiful job on yours.:manyheart:hug:yes

LOL Ok...I have been thinking about this and I think that I can write a pattern for it with the notes that I jotted down, even with ways to adjust the sizing, I think.

I'm not sure when it will be up though, so keep your eyes open :wink

Archived