Hats Garlore

forines13

My novelty hat that I made for International teachers' day was a big hit. My senior students in the Italian class asked me to make them one each as a graduation gift. They all said they would like the same colour as the original and they want it to be plain. I begged them to allow me to embellish the hats with a flower, button or other but it was a definite ..."no thank you, Miss!"

I am making them and I would love to attach something to the finished product!!!! Here are my first 3 .... I have 9 to make. I have been given permission to add pom poms to the one with ear flaps.:cheer

I might even be daring and make some in a surprise colour.... after all I am making them! These are "whatever will be, will be patterns" as I am making them up as I go along.

2113302160058018460dsoXJx_th.jpg

2452318170058018460lCwwlp_th.jpg

2281856420058018460MsgriE_th.jpg

would they let you add beads to the rim maybe?

they are beautiful, I would enver be able to do so well on the fly like that. Great job, I'm sure your students will love them.

Chenille Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately ... no. These girls are 17 - 18. What is wrong with them? I have finished teaching them but they still have one last exam to sit for tomorrow and then they come back to school on Wednesday for a school assembly where we formally say our farewell and Wednesday night there is their graduation mass before the celebrations begin.

Australian students (most of them) then gather in specific locations to celebrate Schoolies week. Fortunately, these venues have now become very supervised and students must register to attend.

Spectacular Hats!

:school

I would love a flower, beads or something ........... but I'm old and not into what the kids like. My only suggestion is perhaps attaching a little charm somewhere on the cap; something like 06 for the year or something to do with the school.

Spectacular Hats!

:school

I would love a flower, beads or something ........... but I'm old and not into what the kids like. My only suggestion is perhaps attaching a little charm somewhere on the cap; something like 06 for the year or something to do with the school.

I love that idea ... I can then pin it on and they can remove it if they wish. Thank you nevadamama.:manyheart

Archived