Phentex Fashion Seven

I live in Canada, I went to Zellers to-day and they had the above yarn, which they have never had in the storebeforfe. It was priced at .99 ball. I cant find any info on the internet about this yearn, it seems to cheap lol. I was wondering if anyone has heard of it. I was trying to get into Phentex web site but i didnt have any luck with that either. Maybe someone out there has heard of it. Is this a good price? seems oto good to be true, is there a web site for Phentex? Thanks for listening.:woo

There is a website for Phentex. Don't know the addy. right off the top of my head. You could type phentex yarns into your search engine & find it that way. That is how I found it the first time.

Thanks very much for your replies. I did try to get to the web site before. But nothing came up. Maybe I was having server problems. i can get there now, but as you say they are working on it. The yarn is really lovely and soft and for .99c. I am going back tomorrow to by some more. lol. Thats my bargin of the weeki:clap

I don't know much about it either, but I found phentex fun four at big lots for 1.00 a ball, I bought several because it is really soft and I thought it would make great socks for around the house. I went to the website as well and of course it is under construction, maybe someone else has heard of it or used it?

And I found Phentex Fashion Six at our Big Lots! It's very much like the new Bernat Baby Coordinates. I got 4 skeins each of three colors: Green/white, Orange/white, and Yellow/white. I'm thinking of maybe another round ripple. But I think I need more (so what else is new?), so I'm probably going back tomorrow. They also had one that felt very soft, much like Carmen, so I bought a couple skeins of that for a chemo hat for a friend. When I was young, the only Phentex I was familiar with was very stiff, nothing like what I saw at Big Lots the other day.

Sbg4ever, you may be referring to their 'slipper yarn'...at least I think that's what they call it...my grandmother was fond of this stuff, in the '70's when I was little I remember they called it Phentex "elite" or something like that...very coarse and rough stuff, durable too, of course...I have a bag of it from her stash that I can't bring myself to use because I find it too rough to work with, yet I won't get rid of because it was hers.

Phentex also does worsted weight yarn that is nice and soft to work with, I think Zellers sells the 50 gram balls for around $1 each, and you can find the 16 oz balls there as well.

That yarn could repair a lawn chair :rofl

They really did do that with it. I have a little bit of it (donations) that I plan touse to make pot scrubbies.

:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl Oh man I can totally believe that! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!

I never thought to make scrubbies with it, thanks for the idea! :hook

Sbg4ever, you may be referring to their 'slipper yarn'...at least I think that's what they call it...my grandmother was fond of this stuff, in the '70's when I was little I remember they called it Phentex "elite" or something like that...very coarse and rough stuff, durable too, of course...I have a bag of it from her stash that I can't bring myself to use because I find it too rough to work with, yet I won't get rid of because it was hers.

Phentex also does worsted weight yarn that is nice and soft to work with, I think Zellers sells the 50 gram balls for around $1 each, and you can find the 16 oz balls there as well.

It was not that nylon stuff used for slippers that has a black and beige label. It definitely said Fashion Seven on the label and the label was light blue.

I just picked up a couple balls of chunky at the dollar store yesterday (because I'm a yarn aholic).

I'd never heard of it before, but it was pretty soft and looked like it would make a nice scarf some day. Who can pass up yarn for $1.00?????????

:blush

• 2 years later...

Hi, I bought some at Zellers in Edmonton, Canada and they were supposed to order more for me in the same dye lot and after patiently waiting for several months with regularely following up with one of the store managers, I just found out that Zellers has discontinued this item. Can't find it here locally. :think Can anyone tell me where to find it? Thanks in advance. :clap

I try to check out the yarn at Zellers whenever I'm there (it's not the closest department store to me, but I stop whenever I can) because every now & again they will have buy1 get1 free ... I spent about $300 on yarn a few years back, great deal. I also know a playground mom that works there and she said that whenever yarn loses its label or gets pulled out a little bit, they mark it down to 25-cents and throw it in a cart in the warehouse .... usually an employee will buy it up, but occasionally I've found a cart on the sales floor.

Fran

• 4 years later...

Archived