Comfortghans...request for help

kidge

All~ :hug

I am writing for yalls help. My new family has experienced 3 deaths in the family in a very short period of time (1 month). My DSIL ( had down syndrome) she passed away about a month ago and they lost their grandfather on Monday, and a week before that a long time dear family friend passed away. They are just overwhelmed. My sister in law was over last night and immediately wrapped up in the afghan on my couch. That when I thought you know it would be nice if... I could make them.. but really not reasonable to add to my list. I know from my experience with making them crocheted item, that they just cherish them.

I would really like to make their holiday special and am asking that if yall have squares or rectangles that you would like to donate I would love to be able to make comfortgans for them.

I would like to make 4 total for the family with a special card from the 'ville. This would put a comfortghan in the home the mother and sister of my sister in law and the wife of the grandfather, and the wife of the friend.

PM me if you are interested in helping out.

Thanks in advance,

:manyheart

Kidge

All~

I just wanted to let people know that I will be accepting 6" Squares, 12" Squares and like 6" X 12" rectangles and then just truely piece this loving piecing of care together.

Smiles

Kidge

PM me with your addy and I'll get some out to you.

Do you have any preferences on color? pattern? style? leave threads long for joining or woven so you can border them?

Thanks!

PM me and I'll make at least one square for for each for you; I'm working on three comfortghans myself, as well as all the yuletide gifts, but I'm happy to pay forward all the help I'm getting on my comfortghans!

Any colors you want in particular? Or square patterns?

Thank you to all that have responded :hug

You can't begin to know how much yall have warmed my heart. I bought some beautiful cardstock and can't wait for them to see the 'villes generousity. I plan on putting everyones name on the card so they can see just how many people cared and took the time to think about them and make that square for them.

Kidge

I have received 5 squares so far. I have numerous people :hug sending me squares. I will use all that I get ALSO if I have extras I will stitch them together also, and donate to either the Linus Project or one of the many ongoing charity projects. (They will not go unused):clap

I am a long way off so surely appreciate any squares I recieve I have made a multitude of rectangles and squares, I haven't started piecing them together yet because I want to have a nice mixture of "angel squares" and my squares on each ghan. I have 4 nice pieces of cardstock and will list each angels name on it when the comfortghan is presented to the recipients:c9

Kidge

:eek Wow! Linda.. guess I have to get ready to join some squares :clap .

:hug You have no idea what this means to me I am fighting back tears ( I am at work, and being the only women they are gonna really give me a hard time if I breakdown).

I just moved to VA from Maine to be with my hubby and his family has made me part of their family in a way that I can't even explain. Having all these deaths has been so very diffficult and doing this will mean so much to them, they truely appreciate the effort put into crocheted items.

Just an example: I made an afghan for a babyshower for one of nieces it was a relatively easy project and all 8 sisters (my MIL's) all jumped out of their chairs to see the afghan and just praised it .. I heard comments like "that's an heirloom you bring the baby home in it and then put it away safe." And "that baby will be wrapped in love always" "anyone can go buy a blanket but that there is a gift from the heart." And since then I have heard much more praise not only for the craftsmanship but also the time taken, the thought given etc.

I know that when I present them w/ the card from the 'Ville Angels they will just be amazed at yall's generousity.

Truely beautiful... :hug

Kidge

Well, continue to stalk the mailbox! i have 4 12 inch squares coming your way. they should go out either tomorrow or wednesnday.

revised****

they were mailed yesterday, tuesday! should be there in 3-4 days

I received 40 beautiful squares today from VA.

Thank you very much Pineknotts aka Linda

I especially like the note that you included was a lovely touch.

:hug

Kidge

Oh, good. I'm so glad they got there and that you liked them. I'm always a little doubtful of the mail; it takes forever from here. Anyway, I hope the afghan will give your family members the comfort they need. Good luck putting it all together!

Archived