2 New Patterns for Autumn

I'm working on a big, free form sort of celebration of the seasons, so I was very happy to see this oak and acorn pattern. So happy, in fact, that I made my first oak leaf last night:

10-17-06_1131.jpg

This is using sockweight wool yarn and a G hook (I think). Clearly a springtime leaf.

Thanks very much for this very sweet pattern!

Argh, I can't wait to finally get posted a pic of the scarf I made while testing the pattern! I didn't do the final assembly because I decided to felt the leaves. Wow, they are really cute when felted! I was actually thinking about trying to felt the scarf too because I have a skein of brown wool on hand. I made my scarflette twice as long, to make a scarf. So now I need more leaves. :lol

I am making this right now, and couldnt' wait to wear it. Everyone at work thought it was really cute, and I don't have all the leaves on it or any acorns yet. I made mine twice as long so I can wear it in a long loop. Keep up the great designing job Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried a stab at felting the "Branch" this weekend but it did not come out evenly. :lol I should have joined it before felting, so now I have to try and sew the felted parts together instead. So I may end up with the un-felted version of the scarf instead. :X

What I wanted to do was make it extra wide, then join it into a tube shape so it would look like a rounded branch. :hook I also felted 2 round ends to attach to the hollow ends after felting. It still might work.... we'll see. It would be really cute felted, anyway, hehe.

Archived