Pattern for a cropped "jacket" UPDATED

viviskins

Question

I'm looking for a pattern, and I mean I've LOOKED...all I see are shrugs, or modified boleros and none of are what I want...anyone have or know of where I can buy a pattern for a sweater jacket like the design of this ?

www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=128197&CategoryID=2866

and see this jacket how wide the neckline is? I love that, www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=118608&CategoryID=15195

I was thinking of modifying the cocoon sweater but I don't know, guess I'll have to fiddle around...:knit

20 answers to this question

...Incase anyone is interested....

I got the pattern for two sweaters that are KNITTED from White Lies' design. Took a week to get here, talk about chompin' at the bit!!! I'm an impatient pattern aquisitioner! :lol

Anyway, I rewrote the pattern using a formula that I have/bought years ago, and we'll see if it lives up to converting this knit pattern into a crochet pattern. Of course, I should wait for after xmas, but I don't think I can wait that long :lol Soon as I"m done these orders, which will be tonight, I think I'll get started! I will keep you all posted...

Did you save the JLO sweater pic?:mail

It's no longer available. :faint

Ken

I'm looking for a pattern, and I mean I've LOOKED...all I see are shrugs, or modified boleros and none of are what I want...anyone have or know of where I can buy a pattern for a sweater jacket like the design of this ?

http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=128197&CategoryID=2866

and see this jacket how wide the neckline is? I love that, http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=118608&CategoryID=15195

I was thinking of modifying the cocoon sweater but I don't know, guess I'll have to fiddle around...

Hi Everyone! Haven't posted much cuz I got the sniffles! I rewrote the pattern, now I need to test it and find the right yarn! I gotta use a sport weight so I'mma shop around for that this week.... Believe you me! If/when this works out, ya'll will get pictures and pattern, if that's allowed? I guess if I re write it its not copywrite? Don't kill me cause I don't know! And sharon thanks for posting that draped bed jacket pattern, that was the one I was going to use before I saw the white lies pattern...even tho I have to convert it to crochet, the design elements were much more exact to what I was looking for....but I will prob try that pattern for summer, what do you think? Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!:*cwreath

The one in the White Lies pic the the bow is STUNNING. I would love to make one of those eventually. If your converted/translated knit to crochet instructions work well for you (I'm sure they will!), please share the pics with us. I'd love to see it!!!!

Good luck!

<a href="http://www.livejournal.com/community/crochet/1578909.html" target="_new">This post</a> at LiveJournal reminded me of your search for a cropped jacket. There was <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/community/crochet/1590401.html" target="_new">more discussion</a> about it afterwards.

After you finish your White Lies sweaters, you can also give this pattern a try. I can't wait to see how the White Lies patterns turn out.

thanks for all your replies everyone! :cheer2 Now I have to confess, I have a booklet on how to convert knitting to crochet....I just hope I have success with these patterns...they are so adorable! Before I do anything, I will rewrite the pattern and convert it...and then we'll see if it turns out or not...I'll keep you updated with a new post.

I just ordered 2 knit patterns of jackets that are similar to what I was looking for...I'm gonna try to convert them to crochet....wish me luck! here are the pics...

www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lcardigans/cardpics/136.jpg

annnnnnd then there's t his one...

www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lcardigans/502.htmlIf I actually accomplish this I will be so #@$%^&&^ happy!:cheer2

Thanks for the compliments! yeah those links are very uh, trendy designs right now, with just enough classic thrown in, ya know? If you find the pattern, lemme know, even if it takes a while. I saw a knitted thingie that was similar to what I want, and I sorta know how to "convert" from knit to crochet. Looks like I just may have to design something :lol Isn't there some quote, about necessity and invention?

hi i think i have seen a sweater like the first one, now just have to remember where:ha , i will look through my patterns and see what i can find, its very cute to DD would love something like too i am thinking. she is 20 yrs old. me i am a little to old and a lot to big to wear anything so cute:rotfl . i'll let you know if i find it. have a super day vicki:hug

Archived