Skipping Stones Circular Afghan CAL?

Tracey4610

It does have SOME stitches that turn out like bobbles (at least on mine!). When I originally saw the pattern I thought it had slightly raised bobbles.

I like the way it's coming out, whether the bobbles are supposed to be there or not!

Mine is going to be a bit funky - hopefully in a good way! I'm using all my blues, greens, and purples - doubling up some, mixing and matching colors every couple of rows. Mine is going to be smaller as well, I am using a bit smaller hook. I figure I'll just keep making rounds in pattern until it's the size I want. I'll post a pic when I have a couple more rounds done!:yarn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine does have bobbles, I think it is the angle of the pic that really doesn't show the bobbles. The bobbles are crated when you alternate the trc and sc. I also did use a double strand of yarn and size N hook.

I made this pattern this summer (got twenty-odd rows done a plane!) and it's super easy, and yes, there are bobbles even with only a single yarn. I made mine in Caron's claret and it looked gorgeous! I think I posted a photo in a thread about it somewhere here. Love it in the pink! I love Priscilla Hewitt's designs--they are so simple and yet look so elegant.

I worked on mine a little more last night -it's coming along! I think I'm on row 15 or so.

BUT using slightly smaller size hooks, an I and a J or K. The green/blue/purple random pattern is starting to look pretty cool and funky in a good way. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post a pic. My main color is Paton's Wool in turquoise, and I need to pick up a bit more of it to finish. Great pattern, I love it! I can see myself making this afghan again.

:yay

I am only 9 rounds away from having mine finished!! But, alas! I'm out of yarn!! It was Mainstays Autumn Red, and I think I probably need 2 more skeins of it!! Woe is me!! Well, I may just have to finish it in a different color, but what? My MIL suggested white, but I thought it would look too much like a tree skirt, and my FIL laughed. Perhaps cream? Tan? I can't post a pic right now 'cause our pc crashed earlier this week (hence, the lack of update!!) and dh doesn't have our card reader installed yet (everything else is working now, though :cheer). The afghan is too small to give to my FIL now (it's only about 45" across), and I'd really like to find something to finish it. What do you all think I should do?

Hi there!

Im new to crochetville, glad to be here! :2spin

I thought this would be a good project to use up some of my handspun I've been hoarding. Im on round 17, and it's going fast, but I bet that last row is a doozy! The yarn I'm using is varying in size and I'm changing hook sizes to accomodate, but the effect so far is nice. I have a feeling I'm going to have to spin about 1-1/2 pounds of wool to finish though. I love this pattern, it has such an "heirloom" quality. I'll post a pic when I'm done (If I can figure out how to do that).

I ran out of mainstay yarn and when I asked at walmart she told me to use Red Heart since mainstay was red heart with a different label.

Denise

How's everyone doing? Anyone else finish yet?

Mine is coming along - since I'm using a slightly smaller hook and I'd like the finished size larger, it's going to take me forever to finish! I think I'm a little more than halfway done though, and it's looking awesome!

Can't wait to see others' work!

Well, since the handspun yarn is so different, I'm getting kind of a ruffled appearance, which is a nice way of saying it's not flat. :eek It's rather homely, but heavy, and warm. I'm on row 23, I think. Kind of losing momentum on this project, but Must Keep Going!

t_=76246197

Hi Kim!

Since I am using a bunch of different yarns, mine has gotten a little ripply as well - I frogged a couple rows and decreased stitches, switched to a smaller hook for two rows, that seemed to help. I'm sure yours is beautiful!

Ha - mine will still be a bit ripply - I think it looks frilly and pretty. Well, a little bit :D

I still can't figure out if mine's homely or cool. Oh well, I've invested so much time in it already I might as well finish. It sure is warm!

I think I'll finish mine in black...I tried checking out the Red Heart...No match...the sheen is very different...I really wanna post some pics, but dh still hasn't reinstalled our memory card reader...:angry grrrrrr ...

I have finally finished. lol :clap I made this for my mom for Christmas. She gets an aghan every year. You would think she would get tired of them but NOOO every year she wants another one lol. And each year they get bigger. lol Anyway I made this one with Caron Simply Soft and my hook got bigger as I went to make the ruffly look. Also, I continued the pattern a little longer cause I wanted it bigger. It is sooo soft! :c9 Tell me what you guys think!

Moms02.jpg

Moms01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, it's been a while since I've posted an update, so here are some pics...the 'ghan is almost done, but dd wouldn't leave it alone long enough for me to photograph it...

Investigating it...

Crochet2005.jpg

Look, Momma!! A really cool rug!! When you're done w/ Grampa's, can you make me one?

(Yes, honey, but after Christmas!!)

Crochet2006.jpg

Look!! It's even prettier with this black thing on top!!

(don't touch, honey, or the whole thing will come apart...)

Crochet2008.jpg

Uh-oh!! I ran out of the Mainstays black! What is a girl to do? :think I know!!

:idea I went to Meijer and found Bernat Super Saver in black, which I was hoping wouldn't be too much of a difference...In fact, I got it home and began working with it and much to my surprise but it matches perfectly!! :jumpyay:woo:dance:wgrin I bought 2 skeins, so hopefully that will help tremendously for the last 8 rounds I need to finish!!

Archived