Red Heart Kooky: Addison Hat

Mermaiden

Anybody else played with any of the Red Heart Kooky? It was just so kooky that I had to pick some up. :lol The white was the only color that I liked, but it was a must-have. It's kinda like Homespun, with little tufts of Light n' Lofty mixed in..... When I got it home, it screamed "hat!" at me, so I made one using this pattern.

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/124/f124001addisonhat.shtml[/url]

KookyHat__thumb.jpg

(clicky)

I haven't seen RedHeart Kooky in the stores by me yet. Funny thing though, Wal-mart has at least seven new RedHeart Super Saver colors that just came out and neither AC Moore or Michaels has them in yet.

Anyway, love the hat. Have done the Addison hat (with one adjustment) lots of times, but only in solids. Looks great in that color.

Matching scarf would be so cool too.

Thanks for sharing.

LI Roe

:cheerYour hat is awesome! I luv it.. I was just at Wally-world and seen that yarn.. wondering how it would work up..looks terrific to me, I'll have to give it a try!

Grammy2twins:hook

Oh, here it is if anyone wants to see the colors -

http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=3349

I had never heard of it, but figured it was new; guess I must have a good Wally for them to have it already!

I thought it was easy to crochet with. I was using a fairly large aluminum hook to be sure the tufts would be easy to pull through. :hook

I haven't seen that yarn yet, either. Thanks for the tip about using a larger hook to help with the tufts in the yarn. Your hat is really cute !

I bought some in fuschia but am finding it difficult to find a project to match what I want to do. And its a bit tough for me to work with. But I'm a newb too. Neat hat!

It looks alot like lion brand mystery. I was so intrigued I had to buy some and try it. It made a really cute scarf. Nice job on the hat! I'm really fond of the little bursts of color. It add just the right amount of spunk. :yay

Archived