2007 Red Scarf Project - CAL

CrochetCronies

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this an every year thing? Because I would love to participate next year.

Yes, it seems to be. :yes My goal is to make at least one scarf per month so that when January 2008 rolls around I'll have at least twelve scarves for the Red Scarf Project. :dog

Thanks, thel! It seemed like a good way to use up the last bits of red and grey yarn in my stash. ;)

Gleda, that's a really good idea -- I may have to follow your lead! It would sure be more relaxed than trying to whip up a whole bunch of scarves during Christmas-gift-making season.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here are the scarves Mom and I crocheted (and shh, 2 are knitted) for the Red Scarf project. Sorry the photos are so washed out, but the USB cable for my camera went wonky last week and I had to use my webcam to take the photo. The two on the outside on the back are Homepun, the one on the back in the middle is Plymouth, the two reds and blue on the seat are Caron, and the variegated on the seat is RH. Various styles were made (ribbed, dc, dc in alternate back and front loops, and shh, garter stitch). I made another red one this week, but I knitted it and tried to get fancier than my knitting skills allow and the darn thing is just rolling up at the edges. Grrr. Anyway, these will be mailed out Monday. What a great way to use up stray single skeins and skeins and a half left over from other projects (and no one I know wants another scarf from me! They are scarfed out!). Enjoy! PattyPicture15.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived