TESTING FINISHED: for Crocheted Celtic Pentacle Thank you!!

Solitaire

th_000_0436.jpg

Ok .. I just redesigned the pentacle in my icon up there^^ and am seeking people to test my pattern. I am posting it here for those that would like to try it ... let me know if you need any clarification.. or if you find any mistakes, typos or anything. Thanks Everyone!

Pattern will be posted in the Original Patterns area! Thank you all for all your help!

Lisa,

I've got a couple of things to finish up here, but I think I'm going to give this a try later this week.

Barb

edit: I just clicked on the photo while showing my daughter, and it's even prettier than I thought. It's a definite on my to do list this week!

:yes I'll try to give it a try... how's that?;)

I've been hooked on making butterflies for the Butterfly Crochet Along - it's the only thing cool enough to hold in my lap right now, it's so dang hot!

But I got some 12 balls of thread in the mail today from eBay, pretty shades of blues and greens, not variegated, so maybe I'll try it with some of that!

Gotta get a little bit of transcript work done, too, and some printing...:angry

And then I get to CrocheT!:yes

Thank you all!! ... if you have any questions let me know .. and I will try to make it a bit clearer .. if you have any suggestions on how to improve this .. let me know

Blessed Be!

Lisa,

I started on the Crocheted Celtic Pentacle this morning. I'm using Knit CroSheen with a #5 steel hook.

couple of questions / errors??? so far:

Row 2: you forgot the * * for the repeats

Row 4: end of round says to sl st to 3rd ch of ch 4, but there is no ch 4 at the beginning of the round. I fudged and did a ch 4 sc dc ch2 v-st in the first point in the ch 3 space.

This is as far as I've gotten so far. Other than that, so far the directions are clear.

Barb

Lisa,

I started on the Crocheted Celtic Pentacle this morning. I'm using Knit CroSheen with a #5 steel hook.

couple of questions / errors??? so far:

Row 2: you forgot the * * for the repeats

Row 4: end of round says to sl st to 3rd ch of ch 4, but there is no ch 4 at the beginning of the round. I fudged and did a ch 4 sc dc ch2 v-st in the first point in the ch 3 space.

This is as far as I've gotten so far. Other than that, so far the directions are clear.

Barb

Barb,

Thank you for your feedback .. I changed the instructions for round two late last night. I'm also looking again at round 4 to see what needs to be fixed ... I appreciate a fresh set of eyes on this pattern!

Ok ... Rounds Two and Four have been corrected ... if you have previously printed this pattern out .. you will need these corrections ... Thank you Barb!!

StitchinCindi :hi, So you start off with the thread for the center star, then change to yarn for the circle?

Today 03:40 PM

No, you use either worsted weight yarn, or #10 thread, or whatever type of thread or yarn that you'd like.

Barb ... Thank you so much for the feedback, I truly appreciate it ... I didn't realize I had left out those two vital parts of the pattern ... next time I will try to NOT type while my three year old is wanting attention.

Cindi .. the design can be crocheted in anything from sewing thread up to chunky .. its your choice.

I'm going to be working this in different sizes of thread .. and starching them for ornaments for my Wiccan/Pagan friends. I am also making this holding three strands of yarn, 2 navy and one purple and an N hook, to make a rug. Then I'm going to be making these as motifs and attempting to create an afghan or shawl. I have lots of ideas for this.

Thank you, Solitaire, for posting this. I'd admired it in your pict, but hadn't asked about it yet. I've printed out the directions and may have time to try it this weekend (sorry, self-employed and little time plus have requests for a few boobie pillows, first). Was thinking of making a few for my Grove to use on the altars (if I do 1 in each of the 1/4 colors for those altars and then 1 for main altar or even 3 for the main altar for under the candles....hmmmm...... oh my, i may be doing quite a few of these :) )

Thank you again so much!!

Blessed Be!

Sandy

Thank you, Solitaire, for posting this. I'd admired it in your pict, but hadn't asked about it yet. I've printed out the directions and may have time to try it this weekend (sorry, self-employed and little time plus have requests for a few boobie pillows, first). Was thinking of making a few for my Grove to use on the altars (if I do 1 in each of the 1/4 colors for those altars and then 1 for main altar or even 3 for the main altar for under the candles....hmmmm...... oh my, i may be doing quite a few of these :) )

Thank you again so much!!

Blessed Be!

Sandy

Sandy,

thank you for the kind words ... I think the idea of colors for the quarters would be a great idea .. I am going to make these in thread and starch them as ornaments .. I'm thinking a set of 5 in the colors for earth, air, fire, water, and spirit. Once you start .. if you or anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask. You can reach me either on the list, in a private message or at SeattleSolitaire @ AOL.Com

Lisa.

I just saw this post my printer ran out of ink but I am getting some tonight and will print this and work on it. I hope that we get more patterns like this as I am working on few myself. I think this would make a nice aplique for an alter cloth keep up the good work.

Lisa,

I finished the Crocheted Celtic Pentacle. After Round 4 I didn't find any other problems. The biggest problem I had was weaving the strip. I couldn't get it to sit in a way I looked it at first.

Anyway, here's a photo:

misctesteditems2001.jpg

I made it in #10 white Knit CroSheen with a size 5 steel hook. It measures about 6 inches in diameter without blocking.

I really enjoyed making this. And your directions were clear and easy to follow.

Barb

:clapBarb, You did a great job!! Thank you so much for testing this for me ... that is beautiful. I know what you mean about the weaving ... thats why I used the safety pins to hold it in place so that it could be more easily adjusted. I tried doing the weaving without making a separate strip, but it was too hard to make it work. Again, Thank you!:hook

I did it! I did it! Okay, I got some help a couple of times, but it was just in the way I was reading the pattern. I'm still getting used to different styles of writing on some patterns. ;) It's not perfect, but here it is. I used a little variation in yarn too, 1) because I wanted to but 2) also because I ran out of color A. :lol I was thinking of changing both of the 2 outer rings to black, but couldn't decide, so just let the yarn go as far as it would and here's how it came out:

2712791310026294795oPaSXN_th.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Solitaire, I know i said that I would give this a try this past wknd, but life went a bit insane on me due to Lammas scheduling. I do intend to try this VERY soon though. :)

Sandy

There is no rush Sandy ... I'm pretty laid back with this .. due to Lammas and other things in my house lol .. Take your time ... I can't wait to see your finished project!

Archived