TESTING FINISHED: for Crocheted Celtic Pentacle Thank you!!

Solitaire

Mermaiden ... That is absolutely LOVELY!! I love the coloring .. when I finish the one I'm making as a rug .. I'll post so you can see Great job everyone!!

I want to thank everyone who tested this for me ... I can't wait to see your finished projects. :clap:cheer I'll let you know when I have other patterns to test.

Lisa,

I finished the Crocheted Celtic Pentacle. After Round 4 I didn't find any other problems. The biggest problem I had was weaving the strip. I couldn't get it to sit in a way I looked it at first.

Anyway, here's a photo:

misctesteditems2001.jpg

I made it in #10 white Knit CroSheen with a size 5 steel hook. It measures about 6 inches in diameter without blocking.

I really enjoyed making this. And your directions were clear and easy to follow.

Barb

That is very pretty. I didn't realize that the rings were twisted. What a lovely design.

• 2 weeks later...
There is no rush Sandy ... I'm pretty laid back with this .. due to Lammas and other things in my house lol .. Take your time ... I can't wait to see your finished project!

Hi solitaire,

I've started this several times an do to operator error, have not finished. The 1st time, i couldn't count right, lol, so put it aside. I now have 3 of the centers done and 1 of the braids done but not on, having a bit of a problem getting the knotwork piece to look right. I printed off 1 of the pictures that folks have posted (thank the Gods others are better photographers than I am) and am getting it in my head how it goes on. :) I do have a pict of 1 of the centers that I have done on my yahoo picts ( http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/earth_mother30/detail?.dir=f8c1re2&.dnm=7005re2.jpg

and

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/earth_mother30/detail?.dir=f8c1re2&.dnm=cc35re2.jpg&.src=ph )

It's actually in a royal blue color, though it looks sort of black. I know the rest of if is probably as easy as the 1st part and is just my insanity not registering it right. I can't wait to figuire it all out since the center is so pretty in person (is pretty in a photo, but even prettier in person).

Sandy

Thanks Solitaire, it's the placing of the braid piece around (the 108 chain, then dc piece). I think it's just my brain is just not working well (when I first started I kept miscounting..lol....so I "put it down and walked away" ). This morning I came on and printed out a copy of fuzz's picture of hers (I could enlarge and see it better for my left brain to analyze better) just not had time today to work on it. It seems very logical, but i just am over analytical and persnickity at times :D :D The center though is absolute beautifully designed. I've showed it to several friends here and they all love it. I bought some purple thread today at lunch (a friend and i ate together and then stopped on way back at hobby lobby) for maybe using to do 1 for Esbats. Already got the yellow, red, blue, and a green that I'm planning for the quarters. So I "WILL" get it. (shows stubborn side).

It may also be a day or 2 before I can get back to trying. If I don't get it soon, I will email you on it.

BB

Sandy

Hi Solitaire,

Yesterday I did get a chance to work w/ the braided bit again yesterday. My brain was just fubaring. I actually had had it right, it just wasn't looking right to me until I did the comparison thang, so have the braided piece on FINALLY :cheer . (sometimes my brain likes to complicate things more than is REALLY necessary). LOVING the pattern though:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart. It's so beautiful and actually a LOT easier than I am making it seem. I am still planning to make 1 for each quarter for me and Temple, 1 for the Lord and Lady for both, and even have some other ideas for them as gifts and stuff. :hook :hook

Sandy

Archived