Caps To The Capital

moonspinners

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out about this and went to the website and printed out all the information and pattern. I am going to get started tonight after church and make some caps. I have some friends at church that crochet also and I am going to see if they will help me. This is something that is worth while.

Shirlene

Grrr! I just finished 6 caps, and they are all too big! They were made with ww yarn and a size H hook.. which is what the pattern called for. That's what I get for not reading the directions first... I'll never learn:no.

I still have yarn left, and will buy more for this project. The completed ones are between 12" - 14". Would they be suitable for newborns in this country? Anyone have any ideas where I could donate these?

I am trying one now with a size G hook... I don't have an F (but will buy one tomorrow). Tried with an E hook and that was way too small.

Joan

Joan,

I had the same problem, but instead of going down a hook size, I worked 9 dc in the loop in the first round instead of 11. Then I just followed the rest of the directions - the number of stitches at the end of each round isn't the same as written, but the pattern works out just fine.

Someone said they changed the border and was wondering if they would accept it. I think they will, I mean think about it they are asking millions of people who all crochet a little different, in different styles and different levels of expierence. :hook I think they will accept ALMOST anything we send as long as it is somewhat close to the pattern...even if they are a little off the measurements. I mean all kids aren't born with the same size head..I think we all can agree on that.:D

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I'm glad to be able to make these baby caps and participate in this worthwhile venture. But I was wondering why suppliers of the newborn caps don't donate preemie caps to Save the Children. Maybe they already do, I don't know. Just a thought! :think

Archived