Acquired Things

• 1 year later...

Hi I would love to have some of the patterns in the Needle and Craft Home Journal mag.1974...How do I go about getting that? hank You Judithm1079...

My boyfriend's grandmother, who was an avid crocheter, passed away several months ago, and just recently his grandfather invited me to go thru her things to see if there was anything I liked.

So today, hunny and I went upstairs and found 2 big boxes full of yarn, mostly Rh and Sayelle, bunches of WIP's, an afghan that was about 98% finished, some hooks and knitting neddles, and bunches of old patterns and magazines.

I haven't even begun to sort thru all this stuff, and I'm sure I will be doing a lot of (manual) yarn winding. Looked like some of the yarn had sawdust type stuff in it, and I think I will just have to trash that ? But that pattern books are the greatest, there are several for dolls and doll making which I will not use, but some of the stuff is so great! here's a peak from one mag, the Ladies' Home Journal Needle & Craft for the Creative Woman Spring/Summer 1974 issue:

beach.jpg

My mom got such a thrill from this, as she graduated in '75...

I'm so honored to have her things! and even better that some of them are still hip, LOL! Although, I think once I look thru it all you will see me over at the trade/sale/free forum...

I started high school in '75. We weren't just cool, we were "groovy" :lol. I have some patterns and books from the 60's/70's that have stuff like that. If I find something I'll let you know. I'm always willing to sell/trade stuff.

Ellie 13

quote=natalie058;288408]I'm sorry, I'm not willing to part with the magazine, if that's what you mean.

Asking for a copy of the pattern is a violation of copyright laws, so I'm assuming that's not what you were inquiring.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Archived