Delightful Baby Kimono!

RileyCat

That is so beautiful. I love the bow too. How did you do that? Was it a pattern or did you make it up yourself? I have a grandson coming next month & I told my son too bad its not a girl as I enjoy making baby dresses & sweaters!!! He said maybe next one mom.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have some time to download photos from my camera. Here are a couple of photos of my daughter Lauren, 11 months old, with her new cousin Sophia, who was 4 weeks old when these photos were taken.

Baptism035.jpg

Baptism034.jpg

The kimono is big for Sophia now, but her parents liked it and of course she will grow into it!

I enjoyed making Sophia's kimono so much that I made one for Lauren, which I will post soon.

I finished this one last night. Good timing, because we are having our first family photo taken this afternoon! I plan on having Lauren wear this kimono alone -- nothing under it except a frilly white diaper cover over her diaper.

KimonoLauren.jpg

Details: I used about 8 ounces of Lily Sugar Babies 4-ply 100% baby cotton in Baby Aqua and an aluminum G hook. I found the yarn for the trim -- shockingly!!! -- at WalMart :scared . It is No Boundaries Heather-5, a Nylon/Rayon/Acrylic blend.

Archived