Can anyone tell me where I can find one of those

cushions for crochet hooks online? You know the ones that make them easier/more comfortable to use - hook cozy or something? I have no idea what they're called (which is making it hard to search online, lol). But - I've looked for them in several stores around here and am not finding them (Michael's, Joann's, walmart ...). I found pencil grips but those are obviously too big for the smaller hooks, which is what I need them for.

Help?

I'm having a hard time finding them at Walmart, and my Michaels had them on clearance the other day. Online might be the way to go. I want them for all my thread hooks and a few cushions in reserve would be a good idea too.

Unfortunately I've checked at Joann's, Michael's and Walmart (two of them, actually) and none of them carry it. Looks like I'll be ordering online even though it will be more expensive ... I'm just wasting gas driving everywhere trying to find them!

Today I needed one but didn't have one so I took a pencil grip from my kiddos pencil and used the kind of sticky gauze you might have on your arm after giving blood (wow...hope someone understands what I am saying here)

anyway...I wrapped my hook with the gauze, enough to be able to slide the pencil grip on it, then wrapped over the pencil grip until I got it to where I wanted to to be. Fits wonderfully in my hand.

With doing it this way, I was able to make it thicker then what the purple grips meant for the hooks can do. Also, the gauze stuff doesn't get the hook sticky so I can take it off if I need to.

Just thought I would post another idea out there if you can't find the grips meant for the hooks :)

I looked at the purple ones that have 10 in a pack. These are shorter than the ones they sell at the walmart here. I like the longer ones better. But the pack of ten is cheaper in the long run .. they are only 2.99 when the ones i get here are 1.37 a piece. But the little purples are cute.:D!

Archived