Happy Dancing!!! Woo hoo!

I just started crocheting and don't have much stash. Well, a lady on a cross stitch board that I also go to, sent me a TON of patterns and I got them today!! YEAH!! :cheer2

So I have been drooling over all sorts of patterns all day!!! There's a bunch of patterns in there from a company called House of White Birches that go to a "Collectible Doily Series".

Anyone know anything about that, like how many there are, did it come with a special binder etc? They look like they go in a three ring binder and there are different dividers for the doilies (Touch of Color, Perfect Pinwheels, Christmas Magic etc).

Now all I have to do is get some yarn and thread stock piled and I will be good to go. Anyone know when yarn goes on sale at online stores? I don't have a local yarn store so that's my only option. Thanks!

Elizabeth

Maybe you could go to Lionbrand.com or Herrschners, and order some catalogs for free then you could get yarn through the mail. Or online, if you want. The sites are:www.LionBrand.com, and Herrschners'...www.yarnshoppe.com

Hope that helps...

Thanks Tina! I didn't know about yarnshoppe.com!

Elizabeth - I checked them out, but they only ship UPS so they can't ship to APO/FPO. :( They have great prices, but I'm not sure the savings would make up for what I would pay in shipping to have it shipped to my Mom in the states and then have her ship it to me.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, I have 3 balls each of white and light peach South Maid Crochet Thread, size 10 that I would be happy to send you. I'm not a threader anymore (can't see well enough).

They are each 350 yards, 100% cotton and probably not the absolute best you can buy but you are welcome to them.

I love collections.

Deb

esekeith@msn.com

I don't know if this online store has sales, but to me, the prices are really good if you can't find what you are looking for at the yarn stores around you. You don't even have a walmart by you?

Try here

www.knitting-warehouse.com/

Jessi

Hi Jessi! Nope no Wal-Mart!! Then again I am overseas in Sicily, so I didn't expect to find one either!

I just know there has to be some good yarn stores around here. There are sheep everywhere and I can't imagine all that wool leaves the country!! I just need to become friends with some Sicilians!!! LOL

Elizabeth

elizabeth, i so envy you. i wish i could go to sicily, my hubbys grand parents came from there and rhe country has always fasinated me.when i get a bit of extra money(please soon mr. leprechaun) i will send you some thread and yarn. e-mail me your addy at my inbox. do they have postcards there? hint hint!!!!!!:rotfl :rotfl lucky you. are you stationed over there? sounds,like you are being a APO box. anyways as soon as i get a bit saved will send some your way as i have a TON of yarn!!!!:yes have a super day. vicki:)h

Archived