Bullion Stitch choker Revised

Katchkan

In April of this year I made a collar and Choker set with the bullion stitch. Well when I wore it, the Collar did fine, but the choker tended to collapse. Being a bit of a perfectionist I set it aside till I had time to rethink and rework my design for my choker. Well I decided that today was the day I would devote to this little project.

I think I have it the way I want it now. I did it in the same colors as I want it to go with the collar. I used size 20 thread and a size 10/1.65 hook

to make this. It has just under size 12 beads cut beads and 8 3mm fire polished beads for accent.

I have a little more to do on the pattern then I will be calling for testers in three sizes. Sm med and large. So I am going to post the new choker pictures and one of the old one. Would appreciate your opinions on how it looks now.

th_BullionChoker1.jpgth_BullionChoker2.jpgth_Bullionchoker.jpg

These are pictures of the new design.

th_BBullionstitchchoker.jpgth_BBullionstitchCollarandchoker2.jpg

These are pictures of the old design.

Absolutely beautiful, Kathy!:yay It does look better now, it complements the face and neck. (I think the previous design would make a gorgeous belt) :cheerLooks like a challenging project, I would love to give it a try...:hook

Kathy, I really like the new design. I agree that it has more punch. It is less delicate looking but appears as if it will stand up much better. They are both beautiful, though.

Thanks for the feed back everyone. I knew the first one wasn't quite what I was looking for. Guess that is why I never wrote the pattern up for it. Have the pattern just about ready to go for the new one though.

Will be giving it the wear test later today see how it handle that before I ask for my testers.

Archived