Anyone wanna do a kitchen pants CAL

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG OMG OMG!

These are too cute and this CAL is just too tempting to pass up. This will be my first CAL! I'm looking for "little" projects to keep busy until we move and this fits the bill perfectly.

My dh has to go work out of town next week...so Monday night...it's crochet the dishcloth bloomers time! :cheer

So, just how much cotton yarn did any of you need to do these?

Thanks for starting this!

Amy

LOL Amy, I only had to use one small spool of 2 1/2 oz. At AC Moore's yesterday I found 1 pound bags of cotten yarn for $5 each in several different colors and bought 2 bags. I'm on a roll here and am going to make a matching set complete with potholders and dish towel. (dish towel is done except for the trim) Will post pictures when done.

Woo Hoo...got my yarn today! Can't wait to work on these Monday!

I'll post a photo when they're done!

What a great CAL for my first one!

Amy

Okay ladies here is my complete kitchen set! I did this with the bargin cotton yarn that I got from AC Moore last week. There where some knots in it and some of you may be able to see the dark spot in the bloomers where the color is a bit off. All in all I think it makes a cute set.

set.jpg

itch2stitch - Hi and Welcome to the CAL. This one is truely neat and quick to do.

Minwifeof4boys - Have fun tonight at the party and remember to take some time for you.

I'm half way through the pattern...so adorable...I showed the pattern to a friend of mine and she thought they were for a baby, so I had to explain the concept to her and she thought it was great...my cat is "helping" me while I crochet this and watch an Alias DVD...

• 2 weeks later...

My sister went to my blog and saw how I am addicted to making dishcloths now and said she wants some to match her kitchen! Guess what she is getting????

I am going out today to get the yarn, will be making these in B&W Lion Cotton - will post the results!!!

Beautiful job there ladies!! Would someone please tell me the approximate size of the squares? I am not a back and forth crocheter, I prefer going arnd, like granny squares. Thanks for any help!

Mine came out about 7 inches square.

Beautiful job there ladies!! Would someone please tell me the approximate size of the squares? I am not a back and forth crocheter, I prefer going arnd, like granny squares. Thanks for any help!

I've made a 2nd set of these "bloomers". I made them in navy/white Kitchen Cotton by Lion...but haven't had time to snap a photo yet.

OMG YES!!! Dishcloths are addicting! I've got the addiction now, too. :devil

Amy

Well I finally got around to getting the yarn last evening. Started working on these last night. Doing them exactly to pattern - almost half done with the first leg.

I am doing mine in Lion's Kitchen Cotton, black and white.

Archived