Ribbed Beret

bythehook

th_3a5c5a39.jpg th_181cddf2.jpg

I couldn't resist. :devil The neck warmer was just begging for a matching hat and someone here mentioned a beret yesterday and that was just what the warmer wanted. Click the picture to get to the pattern. I hope you like it. :xfin

Oh you know I will *g*

Actually I'm planning to start it today :hee as a reward for getting through a boring project ;) Hubby asked what on earth I needed yet *another* hat for :rotfl I said... well bc I don't *have* a beret yet!

Nope, he just went back to playing internet spades *g*

Well I decided to use my cocoa bean chenille, bc I don't have any sport weight yarns and I figured this thin chenille is pretty close (my guage is right, so it's working lol) and I am on round 14 now woohooooo =) Lovin the feel and shine of this chenille... I think it was just waiting for the right hat ;) I've had this yarn for a while now and didn't know what to do with it till this morning =)

MARVIE you :bad !

Had you not mentioned you were using thin chenille I could have not made this stating I didn't have the yarn right now....

But nooooooooo I have TONS of thin Chenille....

Now all the colors are begging to be Dot Berets!:loco

Ok mine so did not come out as cute as your's did Dot. It's too little. It fits my head, but the flat part is to small I think? So either my chenille is too thin or I did something wrong lol. Here's what it looks like:

fe03003small1bw.jpg

I did have to do the ribbing differently too, I was impatient and didn't quite understand your directions so I did fp/bp dc around.

Well, it's cute, Marvie. :yes Try pulling the hat up from the center circle and arranging it more to the side, rather than straight on top of the head. (huh? what'd she say:? ) I don't know if that made any sense or not, but it's supposed to be worn off to the side and not straight on the head.

If you still think it's too small around the flat part, keep adding increase rows till it's the size you want it to be.

You might want try it with 3 strands of the thin chenille. :blah

Heh, I tried scootching it all around her head, and it looks kinda cute on *her* but on my fat head and round face... it either needs to be bigger, or it's just not for me =( I'm going to try enlarging the flat part first before I give up.... It's such a cute hat and *stomps foot* I wanna wear it lol.

Although it looks adorable I do think you need to increase the flat part's size some to make it look more beretish.

Make the flat part about the size of a dinner plate and then decrease down to your own head size, then add a few more rows if needed, then the ribbing. That should do it. I think it will look good on you.

:cheer2 Don't give up, you can do it. :cheer2

K I've started over again. This time with the Wool-Ease (2 strands) and a K hook for the "plate" part. (not taking any chances here rofl) I'm only at ummm crud, I lost track of the rows dealing with heathen (kid) stuff, somewhere around round 12 or 13 and it's measuring about 6.5 inches across right now. Am I about right on size so far? Bigger is ok by me, but not smaller lol.

OK, I think I know what's wrong. :ideanot It's me, not you. This pattern is worked in the back loops only and I left that one little teeny weeny thing out of the pattern. :faint:oops :o If you want to beat :tryme me I'll understand. I'm off to add that little tidbit to the pattern. I am so sorry. :cry

Archived