Ribbed Beret

bythehook

Just wanted to say that I love the pattern, and I'm working on making the beret! I'm using one strand of red heart in white, and another of some lion brarnd white baby yarn with colorful flecks. Thanks so much for the pattern, I'll let you guys know how it comes out! :clap

Well I finished the beret and as cute as it was, it just didn't look right on me. Even my loving hubby said so and I know if he says it it's gotta be true lol. He's got an excellent eye for things like that. I was so bummed about it, I didn't even think to take a picture before I turned the beret into my new hook case lol. That's ok though because there are SO many more patterns on your site that I want to try Dot. It's getting warmer here already and I'm thinking I need to hunt down something more for cool spring days anyway *g*

I'm sorry too =( I really wanted that hat darnit lol. But like I said, you've designed SO many great hats, and this is the first one that didn't look good on me.... it's an adorable hat, just not on me :no I'll find another ;) And it's not like I *need* another hat :blush I've already got over half a dozen and I'm still waiting for my hat swap hat to arrive so I'm definately not in need *g* I did enjoy making the beret, and will definately make it again... for a gift ;)

:hug

• 1 year later...

Hi Dot:

First let me say that i just discovered your blog and awe is all I can say. I'm on cloud nine...

Then that beret with the ribbing just has blown me away.... I make berets always for my 34 year old niece she loves every x-mas she knows she gets a brand new yarn beret and scarf set and well this year i have already made for her a ear warmer and scarf set with yarn bee yarn and what a fuzz to work with but i have done it,

I love your beret and will be making one after the rush on orders i got.

Can you tell me where did you get the neck warmer pattern I'd love to make her a beret and neck warmer for my niece for February her birthday.

So please let me know where you got that pattern from...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog with all them patterns

God bless

:cheer :cheer Dear marvey:

Don't feel bad about the beret looking good on you, I'm one of those people that my face just dont go well with many style of hats and berets is one of them but say you can malke them as gifts for loved ones as that what i do..

Your beret looks cute as a button... I love it too...

Cheers:cheer

Lillibet:

Just so you know, Marvie has "Emigrated from the Village" and will not be seeing your message.

Dot has been "on hiatus" taking care of her granddaughter and hasn't posted here in a long time (as far as I know). I've been thinking about her and hope she is well...

Archived