Tiffany's "T" Pillow

nucki

Yup, I used the same set of patterns as mimi_mia used for her "J" pillow... as a matter of fact, I should give her credit for inspiring me. My neighbor's youngest daughter has a birthday on Monday (yup, the same one that gave Chloe the doll set which prompted me to make her the bag posted on the Accessories show & tell forum). She's always taking my kids (well, the youngest 3) to the park and to the beach and stuff. So I wanted to give her SOMETHING, but don't have a lot of money. Add to that the fact that she's always fascinated by my crocheting, and I wanted to MAKE her something, but couldn't think of what. So I made her this.

TiffsPillow03.jpg

I changed the pattern a bit - I explained it all on my blog, so if you're curious, go ahead and take a look-see. And obviously, instead of using a whip-stitch to close the pillow together, I used a sc all the way around, so I could "jazz" it up with the furry yarn. :)

So whaddya think? Ya think a 15 year old will like it? I do. I know I would have LOVED to have something like this!:D

I'm also planning on making her an amigurumi dudette, which I'm hoping to have finished by tomorrow night. I haven't started it yet, but I'm definitely going to get to that tonight. After making the first one, I'm hoping this one will go through just a little bit quicker.:hook

I tried making the "R" and the fiberfill showed through. :( Do you have any tips?

Well, I used double knitting weight yarn, which I understand is comparative to sport weight yarn (it's been so long since I saw an American skein of yarn with the label attached that I can't remember what it looks like! :lol ), so I ended up using a REALLY small hook - a 3.5 mm (I'm not sure there IS an American hook corresponding to that diameter - this is one of the hooks I've bought since I've been here). My pillow came out quite small, but since it's more for decoration than to actually LAY on, I didn't think it mattered much.

I would think that if I wanted to make a larger pillow using the same kind of yarn, I could have done it with two strands of yarn and a larger hook.

I THINK.;):hook

Any girl would love a gift like that! Thanks for sharing your version. I love getting different ideas to spice up a pattern.

That is wonderful! Any girl would love that. I think the frilly side makes it a hit.

I just looked at your blog and found the pattern. I like your letter better. Am I allowed to say that? :blush

Archived